Subject: Graphic conversion [1034]

From: [email-masked] (Joe Hentzel)
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 1995 22:31:30 -0600 (CST)

I was wondering if the person who was configuring the wu-ftp daemon to
convert graphics files between formats on the fly, would like to post his
ftpconversions file to the list?

Also, it doesn't appear to enable conversions by default, what do I have to
do to get this functionality.

-- 
Joe Hentzel                     | God made the Idiot for practice, and then 
System Security                 | He made the School Board.		
[email-masked]     |  -- Mark Twain

---

From: [email-masked] (Joe Hentzel)
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 1995 00:52:05 -0600 (CST)

> I have gotten graphics conversions to work on the fly. I am using the 
> Imagemagick convert program to do this. One thing was necessary, I had to 
> change the : delimiter in the ftpconversions file as convert needs to use 
> that character. I then added the appropriate pieces to the ftpconversions 
> file. I would be happy to post my changes if people really want them.

Yes, please do. Is Imagemagick public domain?

> On another note, could someone send me the exact instructions to get 
> files that are to have have tar and gzip applied to work ? I believe I 
> have installed gzip appropriately ( as my installation of convert works 
> fine ) but something must still be wrong. Everything else works in my 
> ftpconversions file.

Same problem, I installed gzip and GNUtar.

---

From: "Jeff N. Jortner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 1995 22:51:11 -0800 (PST)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jeffrey N. Jortner        Sandia National Laboratories
MS 9012, Dept. 8920       Livermore, CA 94551-0969
[email-masked]

Work:	510-294-3846      FAX:	510-294-1225
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -