From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 18:34:31 -0600

***** UNDELIVERABLE MAIL sent to joe, being returned by helix0!joe *****
mail: Error # 8 'Invalid recipient' encountered on system helix0

Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 15:59:26 -0800 (PST)
From: Anthony D'Atri <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: build help. *names in statcmd
To: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

>ftpd.c:1974: `formnames' undeclared (first use this function)

"INSTALL" sez:

    If cc complains about strunames, typenames, modenames, ... being undefined
    you need to install support/ftp.h as /usr/include/arpa/ftp.h (always make
    a backup of the old ftp.h just in case!) and do the build again.  The new
    ftp.h should be a compatible superset of your existing ftp.h, so you
    shouldn't have problems with this replacement.

Why the sources can't just include their own ftp.h explicitly is quite
beyond me.  I tried using -nostdinc to gcc to get around having to move
ftp.h, but in the end I gave up and copied it into /usr/include/arpa,
compiled, and put back the vendor's.