Subject: Searchable mail list [1127]

From: judy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 11:32:33 -0500

Hi!

Please take a look at our searchable wuarchive ftpd mail list:
<http://freeway.oact.hq.nasa.gov/wuarchive.html>.

We're still working to improve the appearance of the search results, and you
might get the odd "404 Not found" due to multiple entries in the mail list. But
overall, I hope this will help the VFAQs that have come over the mail list for
months past.

Let me know what you think...

judy

judy pellerin
unix systems manager/OSAT
Boeing Information Services, for NASA
email: [email-masked]

---

From: Stefan Rensing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 1995 09:45:29 +0100 (MET)

> <http://freeway.oact.hq.nasa.gov/wuarchive.html>.
 
Looks fine :)

- Stefan

-- 
Stefan A. Rensing             Institute of Biology II/III - Schaenzlestr. 1
The SysOp Biologist           D-79104 Germany, phone: +49 761 2676 / FAX: 2675
e-mail: [email-masked]  MUD: port 4242 on that <- host
http://www.biologie.uni-freiburg.de/data/people/lije.html IRC:Lije MUD:Aragorn
                                                      "I love you !" "I know."

---

From: [email-masked] (Dave Williss)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 1995 08:44:35 -0600 (CST)

In previous message, judy said...

> Let me know what you think...

Looks good.  I'm glad to see you've filtered out the messages from people
trying to unsubscribe by sending the request to the group. :-)

I would make one suggestion, though.  The message numbers and multiple
"Re:"s make the subjects hard to read.  (Actually, that's a complaint about
this mailing list, not your archive).  I have the following lines in my
email filter which is written in perl.  You might be able to add them
into MHonArc somewhere to get it to strip out the extra crud.

	$_ = $M{'Subject:'}	# or however you get the subject out...
	s/\[[0-9]+\]//g;	# strip out message numbers
	s/R[eE]:.R[eE]:/Re:/g;	# Replace multiple "Re:"s with a single one

I think these actually came from somebody else on this list.

-- 
David C. Williss    			    #include <standard.disclaimer>
Software Engineer -- MicroImages, Inc.		[email-masked]
WWW: http://tnt.microimages.com/~dwilliss       [email-masked]
-- PGP Public Key available via finger from: [email-masked] --