Subject: Some questions about WU-FTPD

From: [email-masked] (Ward Deng)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 14:31:07 +0700

Hi,
I'd like to ask a question about wu-ftpd on Solaris 2.x.

I've installed wu-ftpd 2.4 on many different UNIX boxes but only have
problem on Solaris 2.x platform. I did all those wu-ftpd and SunOS
man page told me but I cannot do "tar", ".Z" and "gz" conversions. 
Because the "ls -l" command works fine for me, I think dynamic library
is not the problem. The "ftpconversions" is exactly the same on other
platforms. I've installed wu-ftpd 2.4 on two Solaris 2.x machines and
they turn out the same problem although their installation directory is
not the same.

I think many people have installed wu-ftpd on Solaris 2.x and you may 
already have the answer. Please let me know because I cannot find the
FAQ of wu-ftpd anywhere.

Another question I have, which is not directly related to wu-ftpd, is
that how I can register my FTP site onto archie service. If you know 
where I can get the answer I will also appreciate your advice.

Thanks a lot,

--Ward
   ______________________________________________________________________
  /     Ward Deng       /  Maui Project Office  / U. of New Mexico      /
 /  E-mail:            /  1601 Central Ave. NE / Albuquerque, NM 87131 / 
 \[email-masked]/\___(505)277-8339______/\__(505)277-8235(fax)__/