Subject: Re: Anyone running WUARCHIVE FTPD on OSF/1 v3.0 [1143]

From: [email-masked] (sarao)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 14:19:12 -0500

Thanks Titus...

        You're the only one so far...!!! Do you have all of
the bells and whistles like decompression/compression when 
down/uploading....

                                        Robert

>I've had no bad experiences for the months I ran it on my Alpha.
>
>--Titus
>-- 
>Titus Brown, [email-masked].
>
>Kellogg Radiation Lab - where the screens don't need electricity to glow...
>
>
****************************************************************************
*                           Robert P. Sarao                                *
*                         after 15 years at DEC                            *
*                    Surfing the Internet at POWERSOFT                     *
****************************************************************************

---

From: "C. Titus Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 08:28:19 -0800 (PST)

->         You're the only one so far...!!! Do you have all of
-> the bells and whistles like decompression/compression when 
-> down/uploading....

I didn't get tar working, but gzip, yes.  However, at the time, my site
wasn't heavily accessed, so I may not have run into possible problems.

Guest accounts and all that, too...

Cheers,
--Titus

---

From: Mark Prior <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 16:45:12 +1030

We're had it running on our primary anonymous ftp site
(ftp.adelaide.edu.au) ever since we upgraded to 3.0 (it was running OK
under 1.3 and 2.0 before that). We are using most of the "bells and
whistles", ie compression (unix compress and gzip), tar, indexing.
It's even running under enhanced security (although that did need some
patching).

Mark.