Subject: wuftpd sessions not expiring

From: Mike Coulombe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 18:25:26 -0500 (EST)

I have set up wu-ftpd 2.4 on a Sun SPARC 20 running solaris 2.3.  So far 
so good, but the ftp sessions do not seem to be timing out.  I have gone 
as fas as putting in -t and -T values into the /etc/inetd.conf file.  The ps 
command shows these processes running with parameters of -t600 and 
-T7200, yet they still hang around for days.

Any ideas?

Mike Coulombe
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Harald Milz)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 09:50:49 +0100 (MET)

Subject: Re: wuftpd sessions not expiring
To: [email-masked]
Organization: Harry's Box

> -T7200, yet they still hang around for days.

This is strange. I have the same problem with AIX 4.1 (ftp.ix.de). Since we
have only a 64kbps line to the internet, I cannot allow for more than 4
users at a given time, and as long as old connections are hanging around,
new user cannot log in. 

> Any ideas?

No :-( I suspect AIX 4.1 is broken, because this was never the case before 
I upgraded from 3.2.5. However, this is no official AIX 4.1 release but 
the golden beta ...