From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 12:37:18 -0600

***** UNDELIVERABLE MAIL sent to joe, being returned by helix0!joe *****
mail: Error # 8 'Invalid recipient' encountered on system helix0

Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 10:15:21 -0800 (PST)
From: Kris Allan Kahn <[email-masked]>
Subject: Sol2 wu-ftpd, Netscape on Mac clients
To: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Content-Length: 1042

I've run into a perplexing scenario.  Macs running Netscape 1.0N, using a URL
which is similar to: ftp://pub/mac/README, always come back with the error:
        "Cannot locate file"
while Netscape 1.0N for X and Windows can retrieve the file without problems.

I can't deternmine if it is a Netscape, a wu-ftpd, or a Sol2 problem!?
I have heard about the problem of sockets lingering for too long on Sol2
running wu-ftpd, could this be directly related?

A bug report has also been sent to MCOM.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Any comments/help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

--
  _____  _  _______ ____________  WHO: Kris Allan Kahn - [email-masked]  _____
 /__  / /.\ | . \ |_| / __ \ __ \ WHAT: Network Engineer - 415.472.1600  \  __\
   / /_/ _ \| __/  _  \ \/ / |/ / WHERE: North Bay Network - !SLIP/PPP! __\ \
  /_____/ \___| |_| |_|\__/|___/  WHYNOT: Every exit is also an entrance\____\
  Hackers, good.  Crackers, bad.  ADDRESS: 4000 Civic Center Dr, 4th fl.
             Got it?                       San Rafael, CA 94903