Subject: Re: Conversions in ftpd and other topics [1039] [1040]

From: [email-masked] (David Datta)
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 1995 12:52:30 -0600

You should be able to use the following ftpaccess commands to change
the behavior of the output of ls. In the case being discussed, you want
to remove the default "-a" or "-A" option from the ls programs.

lslong <command> <options>
lsshort <command> <options>
lsreal <command> <options>

These options allow the configuration of what program the server will
use to create output returned for the "ls" or "dir" commands.  There
are three cases:

	lslong  - client is anonymous and is using long replies
	lsshort - client is anonymous and is using standard replies
	lsreal  - client is a real user

An example configuration:

	lslong /bin/dl 
	lsshort /bin/ls -lgA
	lsreal /usr/local/bin/ls -lgA

If any of these are left undefined in ftpaccess, they will default to
"/bin/ls -lgA" (except for SVR4, which will default to "/bin/ls -la")

<command> must include the full pathname of the program
<options> can only be one group of options (no spaces)

--