Subject: Building for NeXTSTEP 3.2 : warning errors

From: Sean Church <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 17:26:53 -0800

OK folks...

I have my wu-fu-manchu (wu ftpd vs. 2.4) server up and running on my NeXTSTEP  
3.2 system (motorola architecture...).

Should I be concerned about the warnings produced by the build that look like  
this :

cc -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused   -c getusershell.c
../src/config.h:37: warning: could not use precompiled header  
'/NextDeveloper/Headers/bsd/libc.p', because:
../src/config.h:37: warning: macro 'NULL' redefined, locations of the conflict  
are:
../src/config.h:37: warning:   ../src/config.h:34
../src/config.h:37: warning:   /NextDeveloper/Headers/ansi/m68k/stdtypes.h:7  
(within the precompiled header)
../src/config.h:37: warning: macro 'shutdown' defined by ../src/config.h  
conflicts with precomp

????????????

I went and checked, and it looks to me like every file complains about the same  
problem... 

Looking at src/config.h on line 37 ....
#define NULL (0)

so...
does anyone know how to correctly define the NULL variable so the build will  
happen without generating warnings? It just gives me the willies, though it  
does build. It works... Am I being anal about this "it's not a clean compile"  
issue ???

Thanks!

Sean