Subject: RE: [1019] Re: [1015] Duplications on the list [1031]

From: "Kerr, James A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 1995 07:49:00 -0500 (EST)

----------

I for one would like to see the replies.  I have seen many messages
that have helped me because I have a problem archived away in my
folder.  I vote to leave as is.
Jim
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------  
 --

While we're on mailing list administrative matters, I would like to
see the list itself removed from the Reply-To: header leaving only the
original poster.  Mailing to the list should require a bit of extra
thought and effort because of the bandwidth involved, and I for one
expect replies to go to the original sender as private e-mail.  Many
mailers (Elm for one) allow a [G]roup reply which goes back to the
original sender and to all recipients of the mail.

This subject seems to come up on every mailing list from time to time,
and every time I've seen it put to a vote of the people on the list,
the decision is to keep the list off the Reply-To: header.

Bill
 --
INTERNET:  [email-masked]   Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.
UUCP:              camco!bill   2835 82nd Avenue S.E. S-100
FAX:           (206) 232-9186   Mercer Island, WA 98040; (206) 947-5591
http://www.celestial.com/

The question is, why are politicians so eager to be president?  What is
it about the job that makes it worth revealing, on national television,
that you have the ethical standards of a slime-coated piece of
industrial waste?
                -- Dave Barry, "On Presidential Politics"