Subject: DIR command [1147]

From: Nadine Grange <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 15:08:03 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I know, I post this question for the third time. But I'm still having the
problem. DIR doesn't works although ls -l works fine and display the expected
output for DIR. I know that right /bin/ls is used because I put there a
version different from the usual one.

Regards,
               /Nadine

---

From: [email-masked] (sarao)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 09:09:30 -0500

Hi Nadine,

        Check to see if you have more than one copy of
"ls" on your machine. I had two different ones and the 
larger one gave me all of the functionality and the smaller
just did "ls".

                                        Robert 
****************************************************************************
*                           Robert P. Sarao                                *
*                         after 15 years at DEC                            *
*                    Surfing the Internet at POWERSOFT                     *
****************************************************************************

---

From: Nadine Grange <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 16:35:05 -0500 (EST)

>larger one gave me all of the functionality and the smaller

Yes I have 2 copies of ls on my machine. I choose the one that doesn't
display the .* files by default, and give the uids and gids when you issue a
ls -l.

               /Nadine