Subject: [621] Consistently losing X.??? files on turnaround

From: Bill Aten <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 1994 19:10:01 -0700 (MST)

I'm not sure if this has been addressed, or if I just missed it before.

Using Taylor UUCP v1.05 with SCO Unix 3.2v4.2.

Whenever I have outgoing mail show up in the queue while incoming transfers
are occurring (from same system, UUNET in this case), uucico recognizes this
and does a "turnaround" to send the message out.  That's fine.  The problem
is the incoming D.??? file's corresponding X.??? file doesn't get transferred
and when all is said and done, I have a leftover D.??? file in the queue.

If I later send another message, another D.??? file is left over.  Happens
every time!!

I've attached a copy of the appropriate section of the xfer log to show
what happens.  Note that the leftover file in this instance was
"D.uunetSgxs2".

Is there a "bug fix" for this??
-- 
==============================================================================
Bill Aten  /  N4EGH  |  E-Mail: [email-masked]  |  PGP Public Key: 0x208EBA7D
2728 Socorro Loop    |  Voice:  (505) 479-9055   |  PGP Fingerprint (v2.6.2):
Holloman AFB, NM     |  Fax:    (505) 479-9056   |     21 F0 35 3F 5E 25 C8 28
88330-8123           |  CIS:    70270,451        |     35 2C C0 86 9E 1F A1 E6
==============================================================================
uucp uunet (11/1-17:00:25,27936,0) DEBUG: floop: Waiting for data
uucp uunet (11/1-17:00:26,27936,0) DEBUG: ftadd_cmd: Got command "S D.uunetBgxs2 D.uunetSgxs2 news - D.uunetBgxs2 0666"
news uunet (11/1-17:00:26,27936,0) DEBUG: fqueue_remote: Channel -1
news uunet (11/1-17:00:26,27936,0) DEBUG: ftsendcmd: Sending command "SY"
uucp uunet (11/1-17:00:26,27936,0) DEBUG: floop: Waiting for data
news uunet (11/1-17:00:28,27936,0) Receiving D.uunetSgxs2
news uunet (11/1-17:02:32,27936,0) DEBUG: fcheck_queue: Rechecking work queue
uucp uunet (11/1-17:02:32,27936,0) DEBUG: frec_file_end: D.uunetBgxs2 to D.uunetSgxs2 (freplied TRUE)
news uunet (11/1-17:02:32,27936,0) DEBUG: frec_send_file_confirm: Requesting remote to transfer control
news uunet (11/1-17:02:33,27936,0) DEBUG: ftsendcmd: Sending command "CYM"
uucp uunet (11/1-17:02:33,27936,0) DEBUG: floop: Waiting for data
uucp uunet (11/1-17:02:34,27936,0) DEBUG: ftadd_cmd: Got command "H"
uucp uunet (11/1-17:02:34,27936,0) DEBUG: fqueue_remote: Channel -1
uucp uunet (11/1-17:02:34,27936,0) DEBUG: fremote_hangup_reply: Found work
uucp uunet (11/1-17:02:34,27936,0) DEBUG: ftsendcmd: Sending command "HN"
uucp uunet (11/1-17:02:35,27936,0) DEBUG: floop: No work for master
uucp uunet (11/1-17:02:35,27936,0) DEBUG: ftsendcmd: Sending command "H"
uucp uunet (11/1-17:02:35,27936,0) DEBUG: floop: Waiting for data
uucp uunet (11/1-17:02:37,27936,0) DEBUG: ftadd_cmd: Got command "HN"
uucp uunet (11/1-17:02:40,27936,0) DEBUG: ftadd_cmd: Got command "S D.uunetBgxz2 D.uunetSgxz2 news - D.uunetBgxz2 0666"
news uunet (11/1-17:02:40,27936,0) DEBUG: fqueue_remote: Channel -1
news uunet (11/1-17:02:40,27936,0) DEBUG: ftsendcmd: Sending command "SY"
uucp uunet (11/1-17:02:40,27936,0) DEBUG: floop: Waiting for data
news uunet (11/1-17:02:42,27936,0) Receiving D.uunetSgxz2
news uunet (11/1-17:04:56,27936,0) DEBUG: frec_file_end: D.uunetBgxz2 to D.uunetSgxz2 (freplied TRUE)
news uunet (11/1-17:04:57,27936,0) DEBUG: ftsendcmd: Sending command "CY"
uucp uunet (11/1-17:04:57,27936,0) DEBUG: floop: Waiting for data
uucp uunet (11/1-17:04:58,27936,0) DEBUG: ftadd_cmd: Got command "S D.uunetXgxz0 X.uunetdgxz3 news - D.uunetXgxz0 0666"
news uunet (11/1-17:04:59,27936,0) DEBUG: fqueue_remote: Channel -1
news uunet (11/1-17:04:59,27936,0) DEBUG: ftsendcmd: Sending command "SY"
uucp uunet (11/1-17:04:59,27936,0) DEBUG: floop: Waiting for data
news uunet (11/1-17:05:00,27936,0) Receiving X.uunetdgxz3
news uunet (11/1-17:05:01,27936,0) DEBUG: frec_file_end: D.uunetXgxz0 to X.uunetdgxz3 (freplied TRUE)
news uunet (11/1-17:05:01,27936,0) DEBUG: ftsendcmd: Sending command "CY"
==============================================================================

---

From: Bill Aten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 1994 08:12:17 -0700 (MST)

>  Message ID: <[email-masked]>
>        From: Bill Aten
>        Date: Tue Nov  1 19:10:01 1994
>     Subject: [621] Consistently losing X.??? files on turnaround
> ---------------------------------------
> 

  [ remainder of message deleted ]

Please disregard this message.  A slip of the finger sent this to the
wrong alias, and obviously to the wrong mailing list.  I didn't even
realize it until I read this mornings mail.

Sorry for the wasted bandwidth...
-- 
==============================================================================
Bill Aten  /  N4EGH  |  E-Mail: [email-masked]  |  PGP Public Key: 0x208EBA7D
2728 Socorro Loop    |  Voice:  (505) 479-9055   |  PGP Fingerprint (v2.6.2):
Holloman AFB, NM     |  Fax:    (505) 479-9056   |     21 F0 35 3F 5E 25 C8 28
88330-8123           |  CIS:    70270,451        |     35 2C C0 86 9E 1F A1 E6
==============================================================================
43rd Law of Computing:
	Anything that can go wr
fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped :-(