Subject: [789] over and over again

From: Stefan Rensing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 17:05:56 +0100 (MET)

Hello fellow ftp-admins,
just a little suggestion:
Most of the people are asking the same stuff quite some times a week (e.g.
about the shared libraries with Solaris 2.3).
This stuff is mentioned in the wu-ftpd docs. So, as I see it, there are
two possibilities: 1. those people better read the installation manual or 
(as this doesn't seem to work) 2. perhaps someone can post a FAQ from time
to time ?
I really appreciate the help that is given here, but I really wonder about
how calm people stay while reading and answering same stuff over and over
again. Personally, I'm likely to leave this group, cuz my server is running
and I'm tired of reading the same mail every two or so days.
Any opinions ?
Regards, Stefan.

-- 
Stefan A. Rensing             Institute of Biology II/III - Schaenzlestr. 1
The SysOp Biologist           D-79104 Germany, phone: +49 761 2676 / FAX: 2675
e-mail: [email-masked]  MUD: port 4242 on that <- host
http://www.biologie.uni-freiburg.de/data/people/lije.html IRC:Lije MUD:Aragorn
                                                      "I love you !" "I know."

---

From: judy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 11:49:15 +0000

Greetings, wu-ftp fans:

Many of us  at NASA find the wu-ftp program a very valuable tool, and the NASA
Office of Space Access and Technology would like to contribute to this effort by
putting together a wu-ftp FAQ.

I have most of the posts going back to June '94 (except the odd vacation note
and unsubscribe mail) - so I think I can put together a pretty comprehensive
FAQ.

I'll be working on it (along with other projects) over the next few weeks; and I
haven't really taken a long look at the scope, so I can't estimate when it will
be done - but it *will* get done...

Wu-ftp has been a really great resource, so this is our way of thanking the
Washington University (and the individuals involved) for taking the time to
distribute it. Also, there are alot of smart & patient people here helping each
other....as it should be.

Please email me with comments, suggestions, questions & answers on this FAQ.

thanks for everything,

judy

Judy Pellerin      
Sr. Systems Engineer/UNIX chief cook & bottlewasher
Boeing Information Services, supporting
NASA Office of Space Access and Technology
email:  [email-masked]

---

From: Stefan Rensing <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 1994 10:03:47 +0100 (MET)

> putting together a wu-ftp FAQ.

Thanx, Judy.

- Stefan