Subject: [695] 2 Problems

From: [email-masked] (Dan Pritchett)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 1994 20:52:51 -0800

Let me start by saying that if these questions are answered in some
net resource, then please just send me the pointer and I'll be happy
to go dig out the answers.

I am having 2 problems with wu-ftpd. The platform is an SS2 running
Solaris 2.4. The first problem is that quite often ftpd will not time
out. This results in daemons hanging around for days which I then have
to go physically kill. I've tried some tests where I forcefully kill
the client from another machine and ftpd seems to exit correctly in
that case. I start ftpd from inetd specifying only the "-a" flag.

Any clues on how to track down why the daemon doesn't eventually time
out and exit would be great. These things will linger for days.

The second problem is more annoying than anything else. I've attached
my ftpaccess file below. I can not get my welcome.msg file to display
for anonymous users. It works fine for non-anonymous users. I've read
all of the man pages, and tried several different things but the only
people that see my message are those that already have an account.

Help with either of these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Dan

--/usr/local/etc/ftpaccess
class   all   real,guest,anonymous  *

limit   all   10   Any              /etc/ftpmsgs/msg.maxusers

readme README*	login
readme README*	cwd=*

message /etc/ftpmsgs/welcome.msg    login	all
message .message		    cwd=*

log commands real
log transfers anonymous,real inbound,outbound

email [email-masked]