Subject: [725] Emtpy dir: Mac/PC graphical clients accessing wu-ftpd on Soalris 2.x

From: [email-masked] (Ward Deng)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 20:18:37 -0700

I've got a strange problem with wu-ftpd 2.4 on Solaris 2.x platform.

As I setup a wu-ftpd-2.4 on a SunSPARC 20 with Solaris 2.3, everything is fine
within UNIX world. One day a guy told me when he use a Macintosh FTP graphical
utility, he couldn't see directories and files under ~ftp/. I was "shocked"
and tested on a PC client. He was _right_! I couldn't see anything but I was 
able to "cd pub" or do whatever. But I tested again from PC and Mac command line
FTP utilities such as NCSA Telnet/Ftp, and they were just working fine.

Amazing! I tested again. There is no such problem on any other platforms 
including an AIX platform I set up several months ago. Do you have any clues?
Is anybody there who has wu-ftpd running on Solaris? What kind mechnisms that
Mac/PC graphical clients used to "fetch" dir information?

Any suggestions are welcome.

--Ward
   ______________________________________________________________________
  /     Ward Deng       /  Maui Project Office  / U. of New Mexico      /
 /  E-mail:            /  1601 Central Ave. NE / Albuquerque, NM 87131 / 
 \[email-masked]/\___(505)277-8339______/\__(505)277-8235(fax)__/