Subject: [692] anonymous login problems

From: [email-masked] (Diwakar H. Prabhakar)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 1994 15:30:36 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I have just installed ftpd on a Sequent machine running ptx v2.1.2(SVR3.2).

Everything works OK when I login as a real user. However, when I login as
anonymous, I get the following error when I type ls, dir, get, etc.

   Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number

The interseting part is that syslog records all these operations without a
hint of an error.

Any suggestions/pointers ??

Thanks,
Diwakar
[email-masked]

---

From: Sal Collora <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 1994 08:33:38 -0800

I had the same problem.  I had to copy to proper libraries to the 
~ftp/usr/lib directory.  I have to compile a list.

Here it is:

ld.so*             libdl.so.1*        libnsl.so*         nss_dns.so.1*
ld.so.1*           libelf.so@         libnsl.so.1*       nss_files.so.1*
libaio.so@         libelf.so.1*       libsocket.so*      nss_nis.so.1*
libaio.so.1*       libintl.so*        libsocket.so.1*    nss_nisplus.so.1*
libc.so*           libintl.so.1*      libucb.so@         straddr.so*
libc.so.1*         libm.so@           libucb.so.1*       straddr.so.2*
libdl.so*          libm.so.1*         libw.so.1*

..Sal
> From [email-masked] Fri Nov 11 14:08 PST 1994
> Date: Fri, 11 Nov 1994 15:30:36 -0500 (EST)
> From: [email-masked] (Diwakar H. Prabhakar)
> Subject: [692] anonymous login problems
> To: [email-masked]
> Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
> 
> Hi,
>