Subject: [684] Non-Delivery of:[656] Re: [652] SGI setup & info

From: POSTMASTER <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Nov 10 20:46:45 1994

Intended recipients: dan thorson
Failure reason: Router: Unable to open mailbox file MN-MPS1 mail.box: Server not responding
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 1994 08:39:20 -0800 (PST)
From: [email-masked] (Patrick Salsbury)
Subject: [656] Re: [652] SGI setup & info
In-reply-to: <[email-masked]>
 ([email-masked])
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Errors-to: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
 
>From the ftpaccess manpage:

ftpaccess(5)              FILE FORMATS               ftpaccess(5)
 
Name
     ftpaccess - ftpd configuration file
 
Description
     The ftpaccess file is used to configure the operation of
 
Access Capabilities
 
- 3.  can I disallow connections from a domain?
 
     class <class> <typelist> <addrglob> [<addrglob> ...]
          Define <class> of users, with source addresses  of  the
          form  <addrglob>.   Multiple  members of <class> may be
          defined.  There may be multiple "class" commands  list-
          ing  additional  members  of  the  class.   If multiple
          "class" commands can apply to the current session,  the
          first  one  listed in the access file is used.  Failing
          to define a valid class for a host will cause access to
          be denied.  <typelist> is a comma-separated list of any
          of the keywords "anonymous", "guest"  and  "real".   If
          the  "real"  keyword  is  included, the class can match
          users using FTP to access real  accounts,  and  if  the
          "anonymous"  keyword  is  included  the class can match
          users using anonymous FTP.  The "guest" keyword matches
          guest access accounts (see "guestgroup" for more infor-
          mation)
 
          <addrglob> may be a globbed domain name  or  a  globbed
          numeric address.
 
     deny <addrglob> <message_file>
          Always deny  access  to  host(s)  matching  <addrglob>.
          <message_file>   is   displayed.    <addrglob>  may  be
          "!nameserved" to deny access to sites without a working
          nameserver.

- 1.  can I limit the number of ftp connections?
-
- 2.  If so, can I schedule the total connections?
-     IE:  Allow more ftps at night and on the weekend
-          and limit the connections during work hours.
 
     limit <class> <n> <times> <message_file>
          Limit <class> to <n> users at times <times>, displaying
          <message_file>  if  user is denied access.  Limit check
          is performed at login time only.  If  multiple  "limit"
          commands  can  apply  to the current session, the first
          applicable one is used.   Failing  to  define  a  valid
          limit,  or  a  limit of -1, is equivalent to unlimited.
          <times> is in same format as  the  times  in  the  UUCP
          L.sys file.
 
Pat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Patrick Salsbury                    VisionWare
 Sys Admin/Webmaster             4500 Bohannon Dr., Suite #280
 Voice: 415/325-2113              Menlo Park, CA 94025
  FAX: 415/325-8710       X/UNIX/PC Integration Specialists

 
### Message trace information:
### IGATE1 Version 8, IGATE2 Version 10
### MsgFileName: m:\mgate\inbound\19070500.MIN
### From:        [email-masked]
### To:          [email-masked]
--
POSTMASTER -- [email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seagate Technology   -   920 Disc Drive   -   Scotts Valley, CA 95066 USA
Main Phone 408-438-6550   -   Email Problems [email-masked]
Technical Support: BBS 408-438-8771  Fax 408-438-8137  Voice 408-438-8222  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

### OGATE Version 8 message trace and attachment information:
### MsgFileName: m:\mgate\outbound\26.MSG
### Org Date:    11-09-94 07:11:13 PM
### From:        [email-masked]@INTERNET @ SEAGATE
### To:          [email-masked]@INTERNET
### Subject:     Non-Delivery of:[656] Re: [652] SGI setup & info
### Attachments: none