Subject: [632] Call for FAQ (CFF?)

From: [email-masked] (Patrick Salsbury)
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 1994 11:23:51 -0800 (PST)

-   Recently, there was a discussion about how to set up a user account that 
-would allow limited access to the machine.  I was wondering if someone could 
-repeat for me how that is done.  I did not need that info at the time, but 
-now I do.
-
	I think the time has come for a FAQ, people. I saw another call for
one this morning, and I keep seeing the same questions over and over. (So much
so that I'm beginning to consider signing off, as I'm not learning new things
here anymore.) 

	Does anyone have time to collect some of the basic questions together
into a FAQ? Or even a draft? Then it could be posted, and people could grab
individual sections to answer. I've seen this done on other lists with great
success.

Pat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	  Patrick Salsbury 	                  VisionWare           
	Sys Admin/Webmaster             4500 Bohannon Dr., Suite #280  
	Voice: 415/325-2113	             Menlo Park, CA 94025      
	 FAX: 415/325-8710	      X/UNIX/PC Integration Specialists

---

From: [email-masked] (Maurizio Codogno)
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 1994 18:25:15 +0100

% From: [email-masked] (Patrick Salsbury)

% 	I think the time has come for a FAQ, people. I saw another call for
% one this morning, and I keep seeing the same questions over and over. (So much
% so that I'm beginning to consider signing off, as I'm not learning new things
% here anymore.) 
% 
% 	Does anyone have time to collect some of the basic questions together
% into a FAQ? Or even a draft? Then it could be posted, and people could grab
% individual sections to answer. I've seen this done on other lists with great
% success.

If nobody volunteers, I can start collecting questions, especially if someone
provides me with answers ;-)

.mau.