Subject: [776] Anonymous FTP on Solaris 2.3

From: Noel Paul <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 10:16:33 +1000 (EST)

Hi!

Has anyone successfully configured anonymous ftp using WU-FTPD 2.4 on 
Solaris 2.3?

I can't get 'ls' to work in anonymous ftp. It keeps returning "Can't 
create data socket (0.0.0.0,20) : Bad file number"

Has anyone had this problem?

Your help is much appreciated.

-NOEL

---

From: "Dennis E. Miyoshi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 1994 18:08:03 -0700

Noel,

you need to add the shared libraries to your ~ftp/lib directory

---

From: Noel Paul <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 12:50:47 +1000 (EST)

> you need to add the shared libraries to your ~ftp/lib directory

Thanks Dennis for your reply.

I've added a ~ftp/usr/lib containing all the needed shared libraries and 
a ~ftp/lib link to ~ftp/usr/lib. Still I'm getting the same error message 
: Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20) : Bad file number

Any suggestions?

-Noel

---

From: Maarten Boekhold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 14:45:05 +0200 (METDST)

> you need to add the shared libraries to your ~ftp/lib directory

There were more of these replies. I *have* the share libs copied to  
~/ftp/lib (which is a sym-link to ~ftp/usr/lib), as stated in the 
man-page of the Solaris ftpd (in.ftpd).

So, what's up? did I miss a share lib? (ie. did SUN miss a shared lib?)

Maarten

_____________________________________________________________________________
|    Maarten Boekhold, Faculty of Electronical Engineering TU Delft,  NL    |
|        [email-masked]      [email-masked]         |
|          <a href="http://morra.et.tudelft.nl/~boekhold">me</a>            | 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Dennis E. Miyoshi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 07:44:17 -0700

On Nov 28,  2:45pm, Maarten Boekhold wrote:
> Subject: [784] Re: [777] Re: [776] Anonymous FTP on Solaris 2.3
>-- End of excerpt from Maarten Boekhold

Whoops, I messed up on my original post.  I should have stated that the shared
libs need to be copied to the ~ftp/usr/lib directory and NOT THE ~ftp/lib
directory.  Sorry about that.  I would directly copy the shared libs to the
~ftp/usr/lib directory.