Subject: [727] Curious Problem

From: Chris Lewicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 00:20:19 -0700 (MST)

Hello All,
	I've got a curious problem running Wu-ftpd-2.4, on a Sparc 10SX 
running Solaris 2.3.  It seems that a few weeks ago, (probably after one 
of the numerous patch fixes), ftpd processes just stopped "dying."  I 
don't know if there is one left behind for every connection, just today 
it started going haywire.  ftpd processes just keep accumulating and 
accumulating - the only way I can figure out to solve it is to just kill 
processes over a day old (or shut down the ftpd server and kill them all).

The problem sort of suggests itself to inetd, but nothing (should have) 
changed with that.  I've also tried recompiling the server under two 
different compilers (gcc and sun cc), with no success.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or know what may be going on?  

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris Lewicki  +  (602) 621-9790  +  (602) 621-9626  +  [email-masked]
Maintainer of SEDS.LPL.Arizona.EDU
             Near Earth Asteroid Rendezvous (NEAR) XRS/GRS Team
UA SEDS President                        SEDS-USA Director of Special Projects
------------------------------------------------------------------------------