Subject: [651] ftp problems on PTX

From: [email-masked] (Diwakar H. Prabhakar)
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 1994 08:42:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am tring to install wu-ftpd for the first time.

I have sucessfully compiled ftpd, modified inetd.conf and restarted
inetd. However, when I try to ftp into the server, I get knocked out. I
checked the syslog files on the server running wu-ftpd and it displays
the following:

     syslog: getpeername (ftpd): Socket operation on non-socket
     syslog: getsockname (ftpd): Socket operation on non-socket
     ftpd[15711]: fcntl F_SETOWN: Invalid argument

I checked ftpd.c and getppername(), getsockname() and fcntl() calls are
made as follows:

    getpeername(0, (struct sockaddr *) &his_addr, &addrlen)
    getsockname(0, (struct sockaddr *) &ctrl_addr, &addrlen)
    fcntl(fileno(stdin), F_SETOWN, getpid())

>From what I understand, getpeername() and getsockname() specify 0 as the
socket_fd, which does not seem to be a proper file descriptor. Do I need
to change this to something else ?

fcntl() under ptx(SVR3.2) does not use the F_SETOWN option. Does this
need to be changed too ?

I would appreciate any help regarding this matter.

Thanks,
Diwakar