Subject: [795] RE: [793] Re: [789] over and over again

From: "The best things in life ... are fantasy." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 14:38:59 -0500 (EST)

Hello all,

Regarding this much needed and desired FAQ, I have a great many of the posts
queries and responses) saved since my joining a few months agao. Unfortunately
I lack the time to compile any sort of FAQ (especially if I had to do it mostly
on my own) at this time. Most of the repeated queries concern such topics as
ftpaccess and ls and/or dir not working. It's a small start but I can probably
compile something on those two subjects this week. Or at least make a start.
I will post this and then anyone who can/wants to can add modify or build up
from there. A FAQ will only be created if more than a few of us give input to
it.

PCVS

---

From: Stefan Rensing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 09:53:15 +0100 (MET)

> from there. A FAQ will only be created if more than a few of us give input to

Sounds like a good start for a FAQ. As the shared library problem as well as
the dev problem (if you will call it a problem) with SUN/Solaris are both 
mentioned in the install doc, perhaps you can drop a note concerning that 
matter in it, too ?
(or I may do this if you like)

- Stefan

-- 
Stefan A. Rensing             Institute of Biology II/III - Schaenzlestr. 1
The SysOp Biologist           D-79104 Germany, phone: +49 761 2676 / FAX: 2675
e-mail: [email-masked]  MUD: port 4242 on that <- host
http://www.biologie.uni-freiburg.de/data/people/lije.html IRC:Lije MUD:Aragorn
                                                      "I love you !" "I know."