Subject: [682] + inetd.conf + simple question

From: [email-masked] (MBartC Eval. expires 31/12/94)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 1994 15:29:31 +0000 (GMT)

Hi FTP'ers,

I have to install a simple ftp-server still of course we want not everybody
loginned and they must have no access to the system. Where do I make my changes 
in the inetd.conf file, of course at the line fp   /ftp

The easiest thing would be for me to receive a copy of inetd.conf using 
WU-FTP-2.4. Thanks in advance, have a nice weekend...

Ciao
	Bart
________________________________________________________________________________
Bart Hendriks                      |\/\/\/|   [email-masked]
trainee at ESA-ESRIN               |      |   tel:++39-94180 540/348
European Space Agency              | (o)(o)   
Via Galileo Gali                   C      _)  
Casella Postale                     | ,___|   
I-00044 Frascati                    |   /    
___________________________oOOo____/____\_____oOOo________________ Cheer up! ___

---

From: Rich Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 1994 18:42:56 UTC

Hello in lovely Italy, 

I don't know if you got an answer yet, but here is my line from /etc/inetd.conf
on server tycho.usno.navy.mil (HP-UX 9.04): 
ftp          stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/etc/ftpd   ftpd -a -t300 -i -o -l
 -u002

Here is my /users/ftp/etc/ftpaccess file:

class usno real,anonymous 192.5.41.*  192.146.142.*
class anon  real,guest,anonymous  *

passwd-check rfc822 enforce

readme  README*    login  anon
readme  README*    cwd=*  anon usno

message /welcome.msg          login  anon usno
message .message              cwd=*  anon usno

compress        yes           local remote
tar             yes           local remote

log commands anonymous
log transfers anonymous,real inbound,outbound

shutdown /etc/shutmsg

email res@tycho

If you need any help, I'll be happy to come out, just send the plane ticket!
--
* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *
*   Do not be arrogant because of your knowledge, but confer with the     *
*   ignorant man as with the learned...  -Maxims of Ptahhotep, Dyn. V     *
* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *
~  Richard Schmidt, Time Service Department      [email-masked] ~
~  U.S. Naval Observatory, Wash., DC 20392   (202)-653-0487; Fax 653-0909 ~
* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *