Subject: [758] problem with ls, pwd and dir

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 07:39:37 -0500 (EST)

Dear fellow administrators,

Last week I installed Version wu-2.4 on a Sparc20 with Solaris 2.3.  The
process went very smooth until it was time to make it work.  Once I log
into the sparc20 as an anonymous user and try to do some commands I get
the following error messages: 

pwd     -       550 getwd:Buffer too small
ls      -       425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file
                Number.

Can anyone out there help me?  Thanks in advance.

                                Mike Young

                                [email-masked]

---

From: Sal Collora <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 14:51:09 -0800

Make sure your ~ftp/usr/lib looks like this:

-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       24576 Nov  2 11:38 ld.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       90312 Nov  2 11:38 ld.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other          13 Nov  2 11:50 libaio.so -> ./libaio.so.1*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       29732 Nov  2 11:39 libaio.so.1*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      563684 Nov  2 11:39 libc.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      563684 Nov  2 11:39 libc.so.1*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other        3296 Nov  2 11:39 libdl.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other        3296 Nov  2 11:40 libdl.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other          13 Nov  2 11:50 libelf.so -> ./libelf.so.1*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       68088 Nov  2 11:40 libelf.so.1*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       12764 Nov  2 11:40 libintl.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       12764 Nov  2 11:40 libintl.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other          11 Nov  2 11:51 libm.so -> ./libm.so.1*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      115308 Nov  2 11:40 libm.so.1*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      482980 Nov  2 11:41 libnsl.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      482980 Nov  2 11:41 libnsl.so.1*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       76088 Nov  2 11:41 libsocket.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       76088 Nov  2 11:41 libsocket.so.1*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other          13 Nov  2 11:53 libucb.so -> ./libucb.so.1*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       55804 Nov  2 11:44 libucb.so.1*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       33052 Nov  2 11:42 libw.so.1*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       10496 Nov  2 11:42 nss_dns.so.1*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       16392 Nov  2 11:42 nss_files.so.1*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       25584 Nov  2 11:43 nss_nis.so.1*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       28828 Nov  2 11:43 nss_nisplus.so.1*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other        9264 Nov  2 11:43 straddr.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other        9264 Nov  2 11:43 straddr.so.2*

I had the same problem until I did the above.

..Sal
> From [email-masked] Mon Nov 21 05:01 PST 1994
> Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 07:39:37 -0500 (EST)
> From: [email-masked]
> Subject: [758] problem with ls, pwd and dir
> To: [email-masked]
> Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
> 
>