Subject: [766] Compilation problems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 16:10:23 -0500 (EST)

Hi fellow Engineers,

        Is anyone else out there having problems compiling wu-archive
ftpd (2.4)?  My workstation is a Sun Sparc20 with Solaris 2.3.  I am
compiling using the following syntax:

        build sol

The result of this is:

ln: makefiles/Makefile.sol and Makefile are identical
ln: config/config.sol and config.h are identical
ln: makefiles/Makefile.sol and Makefile are identical
"strcasestr.c", line 34: warning: const is a keyword in ANSI C
"strcasestr.c", line 34: syntax error before or at: char
"strcasestr.c", line 34: parameter redeclared: const
"strcasestr.c", line 40: undefined symbol: find
"strcasestr.c", line 40: cannot dereference non-pointer type
"strcasestr.c", line 44: undefined symbol: s
"strcasestr.c", line 44: cannot dereference non-pointer type
"strcasestr.c", line 47: undefined symbol: s
"strcasestr.c", line 50: undefined symbol: s
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `strcasestr.o'
"ftpcmd.y", line 578: syntax error before or at: )
"ftpcmd.y", line 862: cannot recover from previous errors
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ftpcmd.o'
"/usr/ucbinclude/sys/file.h", line 119: macro L_INCR redefines previous macro at "./config.h", line 15
ld: fatal: file vers.o: cannot open file; errno=2
ld: fatal: library -lsupport: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors.  No output written to ftpcount
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ftpcount'
"/usr/ucbinclude/sys/file.h", line 119: macro L_INCR redefines previous macro at "./config.h", line 15
ld: fatal: file vers.o: cannot open file; errno=2
ld: fatal: library -lsupport: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors.  No output written to ftpshut
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ftpshut'
ln: ../src/ckconfig and ckconfig are identical
size: bin/ftpd: cannot open
size: bin/ftpcount: cannot open
size: bin/ftpshut: cannot open
size: bin/ftpwho: cannot open

What am I doing wrong??????

                                Mike Young

                                [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Tom Plesha)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 13:56:22 -0800 (PST)

>What am I doing wrong??????

Make sure you are using an ANSI compiler is the only help I can give.
--
H.A.N.D. ;-)
Thomas A. Plesha                        Physical:  Naval Sea Logistic Center
(707)646-1326                                      P.O. Box 2055
DSN 253-1326                                       Vallejo, CA 94592-5100
FAX (707)646-1307
Logical:  [email-masked]