Subject: [667] real user login

From: [email-masked] (James R. Seamans)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 08:31:24 +0500

hello everyone,

I have setup the wu-ftpd v2.4 on a server. Problem is that
real users can login but after that I receive the following error:

Name (server:myname): myname
331 Password required for myname.
Password:
230 User myname logged in.  Access restrictions apply.
ftp> dir
200 PORT command successful.
425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20)

I have other users that use guestgroup and exhibit none
of these errors.

Does anyone have a clue where to look?

Jim 

Jim Seamans, Senior Systems Scientist,  [email-masked]
National Library of Medicine - National Institutes of Health
Bldg 38A RM 712     8600 Rockville Pike Bethesda, MD   20894
(voice) 301 496-4441   (fax) 301 402-0118

---

From: [email-masked] (Diwakar H. Prabhakar)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 10:25:33 -0500 (EST)

> 425 Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20)

I have a similar problem, with a difference. When I login with a real
login-id, everything works fine. However, if I login as anonymous, I get
the above mentioned error.

Would appreciate any help..

Thanks,
Diwakar
[email-masked]