Subject: [793] Re: [789] over and over again

From: [email-masked] (David L. Leach)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 10:45:17 -0700

>Hello fellow ftp-admins,
>just a little suggestion:
>Most of the people are asking the same stuff quite some times a week (e.g.
>about the shared libraries with Solaris 2.3).
>This stuff is mentioned in the wu-ftpd docs. So, as I see it, there are
>two possibilities: 1. those people better read the installation manual or
>(as this doesn't seem to work) 2. perhaps someone can post a FAQ from time
>to time ?
>I really appreciate the help that is given here, but I really wonder about
>how calm people stay while reading and answering same stuff over and over
>again. Personally, I'm likely to leave this group, cuz my server is running
>and I'm tired of reading the same mail every two or so days.
>Any opinions ?
>Regards, Stefan.

I'll second that.  I am new to the list, but both of the questions I have
seen were answered in the install docs.

Stephan:  Are you volunteering to compile the FAQ?  ;-)

David

--
David L. Leach
Internet Services Coordinator
Micron Internet Services
(208) 368-5336
http://www.micron.net/personal/dleach.html

---

From: Don Hooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 10:41:44 -0700

When is this mailing list server going to get fixed to set the reply-to
address to the sender instead of the list???  I'm sorry my private reply
to [email-masked] went to the entire list.

-hoop

Don Hooper,	[email-masked]

---

From: Don Hooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 10:39:56 -0700

Judy,

Thank you very much for working on the wuftpd FAQ.  I, for one
at least, very much appreciate the effort you propose to make.

-hoop

Don Hooper,	[email-masked],		harmless drudge