Subject: [816] Using autogroup on AIX?

From: Brian Watson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 1994 09:19:28 +1000

Hi,
   I have wu-ftpd 2.4 running on an AIX 3.2.5 machine.  It all installed
and runs great out of the box.  Now I need to restrict access to some
things and am trying to configure the autogroup support - it does not
seem to work.  I have:

class   local   anonymous "IP address of my PC"
class   remote  real,guest,anonymous *

autogroup  localftp local
autogroup  nobody remote

in my ftpaccess file for testing purposes.  No matter where I FTP
from, my ftpd runs as ftp:system and I can can change to and read
directories that are owned by ftp:localftp and mode 750.

Should this work?

Is there anything obvious I should check?

Thanks,

---
 Brian Watson <[email-masked]>
 Computing Systems Officer.  University of Western Sydney, Macarthur