Subject: [723] ls and ls -l

From: [email-masked] (System Admin)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 13:40:06 -0800

Well, I made a query and obviously I'm going to have
to provide a little more detail.  We're running the ftpd
on a rs6000, aix 3.2.4.  As anonymous, ls -l doesn't work
although ls does.  I believe this has something to do with
dynamically shared libraries and dependencies (whatever that
means).

   The advice in INSTALL is to use the ldd command to determine
dependencies, and I don't have that command.  The second bit
of advice is to use the trace command to do the same, but I
sure can't figure out how.  IBM suggests using the dump command,
which yeilds obviously incorrect information, and when I copy
that library file into my /usr/ftp/lib directory, nothing
changes.

   So, is there anyone running aix who speaks pretty good
English (subject, verb, object) who could tell me what I should
have in ~ftp/lib (if that's in fact the problem).  I'd much
appreciate a little advice on this one.

   As I suggested previously, I can be reached directly at
[email-masked], but if you wish to re-announce this solution
to the aix world at large, I could catch it as part of the
mailing list.  You may want to save the bandwidth and respond
directly.

   Many thanks in advance.

Robert Salasin
[email-masked]