Subject: [663] Re: [662] .message

From: baron <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 1994 19:20:09 -1000

> Hi,
> we have wu-ftpd installed but .message doesn't work. Have read ftpaccess 
> manual but no solutions found.
> 
> Thanks in advance,
> -anto

Sort of a terse description.  Perhaps your problem is similar to one we were
having getting working messages.  Our problem was solved when it was pointed
out to me that all directories in the path to your message file must have be
executable as well as readable.  The message files themselves also need to be
readable, of course.

-baron

---

From: Anto Daryanto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 12:55:39 +0700 (WIB)

> executable as well as readable.  The message files themselves also need to be
You're partly right, the .message is not working in the root directory.

-anto