Subject: [528] The ownership of the file is not translated

From: [email-masked] (Howard Yeung)
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 1994 14:44:21 +0500

Hi,

I just have a quick question (I hope).
When I do a 'ls -l' in a directory, I see:

ftp> ls -l
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
total 22
drwxrwxrwx   4 4452     4452         512 Sep  1 18:20 Network:20Trash:20Folder
drwxrwx---   6 4452     4452         512 Sep 20 23:01 Now:20Contact:aa
-rw-rw----   1 4452     4452        4233 Sep 20 18:03 aftptest
-rw-rw-rw-   1 30004    558         1140 Oct  4 18:35 log.tmac
-rwxr-xr-x   1 4452     4452        2048 Oct  4 18:35 test.doc
226 Transfer complete.

But when I cd to that directory and do a 'ls -l' again,
I can see the ownership is being translated.

athena.nchgr.nih.gov# ls -l
total 22
drwxrwxrwx   4 mhughes  4452         512 Sep  1 14:20 Network:20Trash:20Folder
drwxrwx---   6 mhughes  4452         512 Sep 20 19:01 Now:20Contact:aa
-rw-rw----   1 mhughes  4452        4233 Sep 20 14:03 aftptest
-rw-rw-rw-   1 mbaylor  mbaylor     1140 Oct  4 14:35 log.tmac
-rwxr-xr-x   1 mhughes  4452        2048 Oct  4 14:35 test.doc
athena.nchgr.nih.gov# 

Anyone knows how to make the translation work?
My wu-ftpd is running under solaris 2.3.  It is running OK, with
some bugs, i.e. I cannot upload files into the directory I created.

Thanks in advance.

Howard Yeung
Unix Admin, NCHGR/NIH
Tel:   (301)-402-2536
Email: [email-masked]