Subject: [556] Problem with default group in wu-ftpd on AIX

From: [email-masked] (Dirk Herr-Hoyman)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 1994 09:10:31 -0400

I have just set up wu-ftpd 2.4 on an AIX 3.2.5 system.  There is a problem
with the default group and umask when our staff logs in and puts files.
The group is system and the umask is 002.  Neither of these are correct.
This happens both with our typical staff and with my account too.

As system is group 0, it appears to me that the group is not being set at
all or that it is being incorrectly set to 0.  It was my understanding that
an ftp client would read the users .profile (or equivalent for another
shell) in their home directory, for non-guest access, is that an incorrect
assumption?   I do have an ftpaccess in place, which I took from the
distribution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Dirk Herr-Hoyman <[email-masked]> |           I tried to contain myself
CyberBeach Publishing               |                                but
   * Internet publishing services   |                          I got out
Lake Worth, Florida, USA            |
Home Page: <URL:http://www.gate.net/~hoymand/cyberbeach.html>
Phone:     +1.407.540.8309