Subject: [547] Re:

From: [email-masked] (Anne Zanotti)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 13:13:20 +0930

Hi All,

I am using wu-ftpd's guest group facility to restrict users to their own
home directories when they ftp to an IBM RS6000, AIX 3.2.4.

It works fine when the users are in the local class, but not when they are
in the remote.  The message that remote users receive when they try to
login is:

User csaz access denied.
Login failed.

The relevant lines of the ftpaccess file are:

class local real,guest,anonymous *.flinders.edu.au 0.0.0.0
class remote real,guest,anonymous *

guestgroup ftponly

Does anyone have any idea why remote users (with accounts on the machine,
and in the ftponly group) are refused ftp login?

Thanks,
Anne

--
Anne Zanotti                    email:  [email-masked]
        It's easy to tell when it's a mealtime - the children are still eating,
         but they sit down to do it.

---

From: Chuck Meo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 14:10:12 -0500 (EST)

Is there an FAQ for this list? 
Chuck

---

From: [email-masked] (Super User)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 11:41:22 +0300 (WET)

unsubscribe wu-ftpd