Subject: [533] wu-ftpd 2.4 on Solaris 2.3....

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 1994 17:57:22 -0700

I'm trying to install wu-ftpd on my Solaris 2.3 system and I'm having
problems. I basically got through the build sol step and installed the
executables, man pages, etc  by hand. I added an /etc/shells file and
edited my /etc/inet/inetd.conf to point to the new ftpd program with
root as the owner. Now whenever I try to ftp to the system, the server
initially answers getting me through the password prompt but then the
ftpd server shuts down. Is there something else I need to do?
Thanks in advanced.
cliff
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Moses Moore (SysAdmin))
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 1994 09:23:09 -0400 (EDT)

> problems. I basically got through the build sol step and installed the

'
Hello.  I've just installed wu-ftpd succesfully on my system (Solaris 2.3)
and I also ran into some problems.  I'd like to offer my assistance.