Subject: [557] problems with mkdir

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Walton)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 1994 16:15:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Folks,

I'm having a bit of trouble with wu-ftpd version 2.4, would
like to ask help of any experts on this list.

In the /etc/ftpaccess file, I have an upload specification:

	upload /fs/admin/ftp /incoming/npr/* yes rhhu user 0664 dirs

The UID:GID specified here is rhhu:user.  I would like remote
anonymous users to be able to put files into the named directory and
that they be chowned to rhhu:user.  All this seems to work fine,
except... when the anonymous user creates a directory, it is not
chowned to the named UID:GID as I would like.

Is there something I'm missing, or is this a bug/feature?

THANKS for help....			-bruce.

-- 
__________________________________________________________________________
| Bruce Walton	[email-masked]	MIT artificial intelligence lab  |
| sysadmin	617-253-9667		545 tech sq. cambridge, MA 02139 |
|________________________________________________________________________|