Subject: [526] where did the ls -la %s come from?

From: [email-masked] (Michael Bentley)
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 1994 12:32:45 -0600

Well, wu-ftpd seems to be working ok now -- there is just one little thing
that is bothering me.  It seems that the (array?) that holds the FQDN of
the remote system is getting stepped on by the string "ls -la %s" somewhere
along the way.  Here is an example:

Name (slowpoke:michael): anonymous
331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
Password:
530-The response 'michael' is not valid
530-Please use your complete e-mail address as your password
530-   for example: [email-masked]/bin/ls -la %s or joe@
530-[gopherdp.sugar-land.dowell.slb.c/bin/ls -la %s will be added if password en
ds with @]
530 Login incorrect.

Here is another example from the log file:

Tue Oct  4 12:20:02 1994 4 gopherdp.sugar-land.dowell.slb.c/bin/ls -la %s 196424
 /pub/Network/pkz204e.exe b _ o a michael@ ftp2239 0 *

Does anyone have any suggestions?  BTW, 'uname -a' on this machine
return "A/UX slowpoke 3.0.2 SVR2 mc68030".

Thank you,
michael

+-----------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
|Michael Bentley                    |   [email-masked]   |
|Internet Administrator, Dowell D&P |            DSNVX6::BENTLEY            |
|(USA) 713.275.8445                 |        #include <disclaimer.h>        |
+-----------------------------------+---------------------------------------+