Subject: [604] Help with file deletion

From: "Mr G. Interi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 1994 16:33:17 +0000 (GMT)

Hello!

I have installed wu-2.1c(1) on a Sun4 sparc (SunOS 4.1.3).
In order to test the system I ftp'd from a remote unix system as "user1" and 
cd'd  "group_user1_home" ; then I put a file and deleted it successfully.

But (and this is my problem) when the user for whom I set this  ftp's and logs 
in successfully as "user1" (cd "group_user1_home"),
 he is either denied to delete file or gets a
"command not recognised"  error message.
  
The file he is trying to delete has permissions set as:

-rwxr-x---  1 user1 1942 Jun 14 07:51 file_to_delete

The user "user1" logs in through demon internet, using a PC running VT100 
emulation.

The following lines are extracted from my ftpaccess file and are those I
think relevant to "user1":

....

delete          yes     real 
delete          no      anonymous,real 
overwrite       no      anonymous     
overwrite       yes      guest       
....

upload  ~ftp  /group_user1_home/* yes user1 group_user1 750 dirs...
guestgroup group_user1 group_user2

----------------------------------------

In the local ~ftp/etc/passwd file I have an entry which looks like this:
user1:*:902:52:::

In the ~ftp/etc/group
group_user1:*:52:user1,user2,user3

and in the real /etc/passwd file I have an entry similar to:
user1:xxxx:902:52:This is me:~ftp/./group_user1_home:/bin/true

------------------------------------------

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE? 
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I AM DOING WRONG?

-- giovanni

_______________________________________________________________________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Giovanni Interi                              Tel: +44 51 794 4734
   INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED SCIENTIFIC COMPUTATION  - UNIVERSITY OF LIVERPOOL
   Victoria Building 
   P.O. Box 147, LIVERPOOL L69 
                                        E-MAIL:   [email-masked] 
                                                  [email-masked]  
_______________________________________________________________________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------