Subject: [530] wu-ftpd and NIS

From: [email-masked] (Carl R. Forsythe)
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 1994 14:58:48 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy,
  I am planning on installing the wu-ftpd here in a day or two, but I
have a couple of questions:

1. When ftpd authenticates does it utilize NIS or just /etc/passwd?

2. We have wrappers installed. Is the ftphosts file necessary to deny
access? Or can it be a blank file?

Well...Actually I have more than a couple of questions I guess :)

3. In the ftpaccess file, when a msg is referenced as in:
/etc/msgs/msg.dead 
is this referenced to / or ~ftp ?

That's all for now
Carl Forsythe

-- 
**********************************************************************
** Carl R. Forsythe              ** Naval Postgraduate School       **
** [email-masked]      ** Oceanography Department         **
** System Administrator          ** Monterey, California            **
**********************************************************************