Subject: [516] Re: [513] won't work: ls -l and dir on Solaris

From: [email-masked] (Gavin Adams)
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 1994 11:23 -0600 (MDT)

At 10:40 10/3/94 -0400, [email-masked], [email-masked] wrote:
>Hi,
>  This is my first posting- so bear with me if I'm not as concise and
>  clear as I should be.  I've install wu-ftd on a Sparc 10 running
>  Solaris 2.3.  Everything seemed to go fine - except that I've received
>  several complaints that 'ls -l' and 'dir' don't work.  I've read
>  the notes on this problem posted to this list; however, i've had no
>  success in getting it to work.  Here are the contents of my
>  directories:
>
>  ~ftp/usr/lib
>  ftp{adkins}%ls
>  ld.so*          lddstub*        libc.so.1.8.1*
>  ld.so.1*        libc.so.1*      libdl.so.1.0*

Red herrings. :)

Solaris ls requires valid passwd, group, *and* netconfig files to be in the
~ftp/etc directory. Copy these from /etc (or grab the group/passwd files
from NIS/NIS+, etc).

Gavin Adams
-----------------------------------------------------------
Digital Consulting           Sandia National Laboratories
[email-masked]  [email-masked]
+1 505 343 7200              +1 505 844 3897
-----------------------------------------------------------