Subject: [564] building wu-ftpd on HP

From: Al Aldrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 16:36:04 -0400

I am trying to build the wu-ftpd package on an HP/9000 712
running hp-ux. Apparently the generic C compiler on this system
doesn't recognize the -Aa and -O options..so all of the compiles
complain about Function prototypes being an ANSI feature.

Any ideas on how to do a succesful build? Or do I have to get
a new compiler?

al

Al Aldrich  - Operations Manager
White Pine Software, 40 Simon St., Nashua, NH 03060
(603)886-9050    Fax: 886-9051   E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: System Adminstrator <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 17:28:44 -0400 (EDT)

> Any ideas on how to do a succesful build? Or do I have to get

  the default compiler that comes on hp has this problem.

  it is not intended for compiling "programs", but only to rebuild the
  exiting unix boot. either pay hp the $20K that they want for the compiler
  or use gcc from gnu...

-- 
Kermit Tensmeyer		[email-masked]
Thomson Technologies Group	[email-masked]
(301) 975-9600				cyberspace architect