Subject: [597] beginner's question - %E (ftpaccess)

From: [email-masked] (Steven Pringle)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 1994 11:11:02 -0700 (PDT)

ftpaccess (5) mentions %E as the maintainer's email address, but I don't
see any examples using it.  I'd like to be notified via email when the 
maximum # of users is exceeded. Should I add a line to 
~ftp/etc/msgs/msg.toomany? If so, what might the line look like?

Also - anyone know where I can get the wu-ftp FAQ?

thanks muchly,
steve pringle

---

From: Dave Goldhammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 1994 13:36:35 -0600 (MDT)

> 
> Hi, has anyone been successful in compiling wu-ftpd-2.4 for Solaris 2.3?
> 
> I'm attempting to install it on a Sparc 10/512 running Solaris 2.3 with 
> pretty much all recommended and security patches.  It is having problems 
> with strunames, typenames and modenames... like it says in the INSTALL 
> file.  However, I did copy out /usr/include/arpa/ftp.h and put it into 
> the support directory, but it had no effect.  It actually looks like the 
> included version of ftp.h would be MORE compatible than the one in 
> /usr/include/arpa.  I can't seem to find anything that defines those 
> *names.  Can anyone give me a pointer?  Are there some required patches 
> for this to work?
> 
> Thanks,
> Cory
> 
> Cory Tsang-------------------------------------------------------------------
> Programmer/Analyst			Researcher
> School of Computer Science, MS ECS354	Visual Languages Laboratory
> Florida International University	Phone: (305) 348-2739/3739 office/lab
> Miami, FL  33199			Fax  : (305) 348-3549
> 

If I am reading your message correctly, it sounds like you copied your Solaris
/usr/include/arpa/ftp.h to the wu-ftpd support directory. What you should have
done is copied the ftp.h that comes in the support directory to
/usr/include/arpa, replacing the ftp.h that comes with Solaris. That should
clear up the errors that the INSTALL file mentions.

	-Dave

-----
Dave Goldhammer					[email-masked]
Computing and Network Services
University of Colorado at Boulder

---

From: Cory Tsang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 1994 15:04:26 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks,
Cory

---

From: Cory Tsang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 1994 15:51:43 -0400 (EDT)

> University of Colorado at Boulder

Thanks, this was my problem :) Heh...