Subject: [568] message behavior

From: [email-masked] (James R. Seamans)
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 1994 14:27:38 +0500

I'm attempting to create an access path for users
that reacts as though they were anonymous.

I would like a ".message" file to be displayed after the user
logs in and is placed in the home direcotory.

Currently, when the user logs in, the .message file that exists in 
the home directory is not displayed. If the home directory is changed
to one level above and the user is forced to "cd" into the directory
the file is displayed. Which is the expected behavior.

Is there a way to force the display of a file when the user is placed
into a directory or if "cd" into it? 

 I would like this file displayed every time entry is made. It is 
very small- three lines and would not be a burden on being displayed so much

Thanks for any help or pointers.

Jim

Jim Seamans, Senior Systems Scientist,  [email-masked]
National Library of Medicine - National Institutes of Health
Bldg 38A RM 712     8600 Rockville Pike Bethesda, MD   20894
(voice) 301 496-4441   (fax) 301 402-0118