Subject: [498] Private access group setup and use

From: "Eric P. Augustus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 19:15:27 -0500 (CDT)

I recently installed wu-ftpd 2.4 and ran across the private setting in
ftpaccess. I'd like to setup a private access directory in ~ftp that is
only accessible to certain people. But from what I could gather I need
to setup a special password protected access group that points to a real
group, and the user must use SITE GROUP and SITE GPASS to access it.
I've got two questions - 1) How do I put an encrypted password in
/etc/ftpgroups? (I suppose I could always use passwd to generate a
password for a dummy account and copy that, but is there an easier way?)
Question 2) Is there anyway for the user to hide the password used to
gain access? That is, when the privileged user needs to gain access, the
user must type in "quote SITE GROUP groupname" followed by "quote SITE
GPASS password"; is there anyway to hide the password?

TIA
-- 
=======================================================================
    _/_/_/_/ _/    _/ _/_/_/_/   Eric Augustus, Capt
   _/       _/    _/ _/          WL/MNGA
  _/  _/_/ _/    _/ _/_/_/_/     Eglin AFB, FL  32542
 _/    _/ _/    _/       _/      (904) 882-4636 x2359 
_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/       [email-masked]
=================== #INCLUDE <std_disclaimer.h> =======================