Subject: [474] literally "real" user problem.

From: Teo Chin Tat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 10:46:58 +0800 (TAIST)

Hi,

I am new to wu-ftpd, just installed it a few days ago. The compilation 
and installation went on smoothly. But, when I found out I need a 
ftpaccess file, I just copied the one in the examples over to the 
/usr/local/etc directory. After that, the anonymous work just fine, but 
the real user just can't ftp into the system. For example, when any user 
beside "guest" and "annonymous" ftp into the system, the system will 
flash "access denied" after the username is entered.
I read the man pages regarding ftpaccess file, and it describes about 
creating class of users and the use of the keyword "real" for real user 
in the system. Below is the content of my ftpaccess file, can anyone tell 
me what is wrong with it, and possibly the solution to the problem.
Thanx for any help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
class   all   real,guest,anonymous *

limit   all   10   Any              /etc/msgs/msg.dead

readme  README*    login
readme  README*    cwd=*

message /welcome.msg            login
message .message                cwd=*

compress        yes             local remote
tar             yes             local remote

log commands real
log transfers anonymous,real inbound,outbound

shutdown /etc/shutmsg

email user@hostname
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Email : [email-masked]      <--- this is where I work 8(       |
|         [email-masked]  <--- this is my freenet account    |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+