Subject: [454] Problems with wuftp 2.4

From: [email-masked] (Mike McBride)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 15:50:55 -0700 (PDT)

I'm having a problem with permissions, and other related issues.
I've installed wuftp 2.4 on sunos 4.1.3. 

1) Anonymous ftp users can log into the ftp server just fine, but the real users
   get permission denied. The user is not in the ftpusers file and the fpthosts
   and ftpgroup files our empty.  Whats goin on?

ftpaccess file
class   all   real,guest,anonymous  *

220 gdwest FTP server (Version wu-2.4(1) Wed Sep 7 12:23:56 PDT 1994) ready.
Name (gdwest:mcbride): mcbride
530 User mcbride access denied...
Login failed.
ftp> 

2) I've configured the /pub/incoming and the /pub/outgoing directories with the
   appropriate permissions. The incoming directory is setup so anonymous can only
   put files.  The outgoing is setup so anonymous can only get files.  I guess I'm
   a little confused how the real users are going to get their files in the
   incoming directory and put their files in the outgoing directory.

   Should I have a common repository for real users to place thier files, and
   have a script that will put thier files in the outgoing directory?

   Likewise, should a script be run that will get the files that are sent to the 
   incoming directory,  and place those files in a common area for the real users 
   to get?

   OR - Is there a better way within wuftp to configure real users to accomplish
   the same tasks while not changing the permissions on the incoming or outgoing
   directories?

Thanks in advance..

Mike McBride
[email-masked]

---

From: Kris Zaphod Kahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 1994 10:27:59 -0700 (PDT)

I am encountering all sorts of compile errors when building wu-ftpd-2.4 on an
SGI running IRIX 5.2 (this is the whole new release which is SVR4 compliant).

Of course the build help says that "build sgi" is for IRIX 4.0.5.  I've tried
the gamut of the build options without porting generic to this version.

But, before I do, I wanted to make sure that someone else hasn't already done
so.  Has anyone?  Can you point me to the patch(es)?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

---------------------------- "build sgi" errors" ------------------------------
Making ftpd.
        cc -g -DDEBUG -I.. -I../support -L../support -c ftpd.c
cfe: Warning 581: /usr/include/stdarg.h:40: Macro va_start redefined.
cfe: Warning 581: /usr/include/stdarg.h:47: Macro _VA_ALIGN redefined.
cfe: Warning 581: /usr/include/stdarg.h:53: Macro __va_stack_arg redefined.
cfe: Warning 609: ftpd.c: 2021: The number of arguments in the macro invocation
does not match the definition
cfe: Error: ftpd.c, line 143: redeclaration of 'realpath'; previous declaration
at line 188 in file '/usr/include/stdlib.h'
  *realpath(char *pathname, char *result);
 --^
cfe: Error: ftpd.c, line 143: Incompatible type for the function parameter
  *realpath(char *pathname, char *result);
 -----------------^
cfe: Error: ftpd.c, line 2021: Syntax Error
     (ap = ((char *)& + sizeof())) ;
 ------------------------------^
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

--
 _____  _  _______ ____________ WHO: Kris Allan Kahn [email-masked]  _____
/__  / / \ |   \ |_| / __ \ __ \WHAT: UNIX Systems Programmer           \  __\
  / /_/ _ \| __/  _  \ \/ / |/ /WHERE: North Bay Network, Inc.	       __\ \
 /_____/ \_\_| |_| |_|\__/|___/ DISCLAIMER: Only from the horse's mouth\____\

---

From: [email-masked] (Mischa Reinhardt)
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 1994 19:55:50 +0200 (MESZ)

>SGI running IRIX 5.2 (this is the whole new release which is SVR4 compliant).

I have compiled wu-ftpd on IRIX-5.2.
If you like, you can get my binary.
I didn't remember exactly the changes I have done .. *sorry* 

Bye Mischa

-- 
+=====================================================================+
|   Mischa Reinhardt                     Institut f. Biologie II      |
|   tel.  0049-761/203/2831              AG Fukshansky                |
|          <[email-masked]>             |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+