Subject: [446] FYI - core dump from ftp!

From: Don Cox 61919 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 12:25:20 -0400

The followeing note was sent by a user of our ftp machine:

********************************************************************
********************************************************************
You might be interested in this. The following .netrc file crashes my
ftp.
 
.netrc ==============================================================
machine ftp.whereever.com
        login ftp
        password [email-masked]
        macdef HOME
                lcd
                lcd ftp
 
        macdef init
                bin
                $HOME
 
====================================================================
 
You will note the password starts with a "-". Interestingly it does not
crash if the macros init and HOME are deleted.
********************************************************************
********************************************************************

The ftp machine is a Sun4/110 running SunOS4.1.3, Version wu-2.4(2).
Is this a bug, and if so, is there a fix? Thanks much.

 Don Cox   [email-masked]   <><
"Please take a number ... you are number 810." 
"Now serving Number 25 ..." 
My opinions only... Kodak had nothing to do with it!