Subject: [466] Problem uploading a whole directory

From: [email-masked] (Howard Yeung)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 1994 15:32:53 +0500

Hi Everyone,

I still have the same problem and it is not solved.  Sorry
to waste bandwidth one more time.
I cannot put files into the directory I created.

-----problem capture------
ftp> mkdir test1
257 MKD command successful.
ftp> cd test1
250 CWD command successful.
ftp> put title
200 PORT command successful.
553 title: Permission denied. (Upload)
------end-----------------

When I login to the ftp server and do a 'ls -l' on
the directory I ftp to, I can see:

------ls -l------------
-rw-rw----   1 brailey  bbgroup      152 Sep 13 17:20 log.tmac
drwxrwxr-x   2 brailey  bbgroup      512 Sep 16 12:46 test1
-rw-rw----   1 bouffard bbgroup      172 Sep 16 12:31 title
-------end-------------

The directory I created is there.  However the owner of the 
directory is wrong because in ftpaccess file I specify every
file put there has its owner set to bouffard and group set to
bbgroup.

-----in ftpaccess------
upload  /opt/ftp /private/brailey  yes bouffard bbgroup 0660 dirs
--------end------------

Anyway, I just want to be able to put file into the directory
I created.  I receive the complain after a user cannot use Mac
fetch to put a whole folder into ftp server.

Thanks in advance.

Howard Yeung
Unix Admin, NCHGR/NIH
Tel: 	(301)-402-2536
Email: 	[email-masked]

----- End Included Message -----