Subject: [493] now ls doesn't work :(

From: [email-masked] (John Chen)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 01:36:30 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

For some reason ls now doesn't give a listing either, and I did not make
any modification except to put the GNU tar in ~ftp/bin!  So right now
neither ls nor dir work!  Please help!  Thanks.
-- 
John Chen
[email-masked]
Be happier.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 10:58:20 +0100

> neither ls nor dir work!  Please help!  Thanks.
I couldn't explain this, may you look on my anon AIX 3.2.4+ ftp-server address
faw.uni-ulm.de as an example. (/dev and /usr/lpp is not necessary, I think)

Have you turn on the debug option and if yes what write the ftpd in the syslog
file? Have you set the right permissions on the ~ftp/bin && ~/ftp/bin/* &&
~ftp/lib && ~/ftp/lib/* && ~/ftp files/dirs?

Wolfgang