Subject: [476] HELP: gcc 2.4.5 and Solaris

From: Moses Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 12:50:33 -0400 (EDT)

I'm installing wu-ftpd on my system (convincing my boss that it really
is a good idea), which is running Solaris 2.3.  I'm using gcc 2.4.5
to compile (hopefully fixed for the 2.3.3 problem), but the server
is still sending the "shut down" message before the banner is sent out.

The in.ftpd that comes with Solaris works fine, and ./ckconfig doesn't
complain, nor were there any complaints during "./build sol" and "build
install".
-- 
Moses Moore: net.surfer, neophyte sysadmin, publisher and storyteller.
 'finger [email-masked] | grep <subject>' for Internet Services.
GCS(T) d- H+++ s:+ g- p0 !au a- w+ v++(-) C++$ UUS++++$   /#include <quote.h>    P+>++ L>+ !3 E--- N++ K++ W++(--) M- !V po* Y t+ 5- !j  /#define GIRLFRIEND     R(+) G+ tv b+ D++ B--- e+ u+(-) h-- f++ r++ n* y++     /#include<disclaim.h>
<a href="http://www.largnet.uwo.ca/">LARG*net homepage</a> is what I maintain.

---

From: Moses Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 13:29:26 -0400 (EDT)

> complain, nor were there any complaints during "./build sol" and "build

More information: now that I have gcc 2.5.8, the following error messages
pop up during support library creation:
---snip
In file included from authuser.c:7:
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:46: warning: `struct in_addr' declared inside parameter list
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:46: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration,
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:46: warning: which is probably not what you want.
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:46: warning: parameter has incomplete type
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:49: warning: parameter has incomplete type
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:50: warning: parameter has incomplete type
---snip