Subject: [296] translating uid and gids

From: Woody Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 1994 09:40:16 -0500 (CDT)

Hello-

I just installed the wu-ftpd on a DEC AXP 3000/600 - osf/1 v2.0.

I believe that I did every things correctly, however the anon ftp
directory still shows up numbers instead of name when you do an ls -l.

I did copy the /etc/passwd and /etc/group files into ~ftp/etc and editted
them to remove the password fields. 

Can anyone help here.

-- 
Woody Lee    -=-=-   [email-masked]   -=-=-   (409) 862-2321 
GERG - Latex/A Data Office   |"That's the whole problem with science.
Texas A&M University         | You've got a bunch of empiricists trying 
Department of Oceanography   | to describe things of unimaginable wonder."
College Station, TX 77845    |                - Calvin (& Hobbes)

---

From: Woody Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 1994 12:08:34 -0500 (CDT)

Well- To answer my own question...

I misread the INSTALL doc.  I had copied /etc/sia/siainitgood to ~ftp/etc/
instead of ~ftp/etc/sia/  

Oops.