Subject: [355] 'DL' as a replacement for '/bin/ls'

From: Ben Horan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 1994 10:54:27 +0000

Hi!
I recently downloaded an archive entitled 'describe-1.8.zip', to use in
conjunction with wu-2.3
I have seen this program working and it works well, replacing ~ftp/bin/ls
with itself, and sending meaningful descriptions with filenames when you
list a directory. I am running Linux 1.1.34, and can't get it to compile,
unfortunately, but I was wondering if this sort of description based 
directory lister could be intergrated into wu? It basically keeps a small
database in each directory that stores the file information, along with 
descriptions for each file...
If anyone is interested in looking at the code, it can be found on:-

                werple.apana.org.au:/unix/describe-1.8.zip

Also, if anyone has a copy compiled under Linux, could you please mail me?

Thanks.

Ben
         www
        (o o)
+---oOO--(_)--OOo-----------------------------+ +-----------------------------+
|                                             / /         Ben Horan           |
|  Sterility is hereditary: if your parents   \ \ [email-masked] |
| don't have children, then neither will you! / /    P.O. Box 223, Boronia,   |
|                                             \ \   Victoria 3155, Australia  |
+---------------------------------------------+ +-----------------------------+