Subject: [350] Convex "ls" Problems

From: [email-masked] (Dennis O'Neill)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 10:56:30 -0500 (CDT)

We have been running Version wu-2.4 between Suns for about 3 weeks now
with no reported problems. However, we had a Convex client connect and
they could do everything but get the results of an 'ls'. They can 'cd'
to subdirectories and put and get files. But when they 'ls', all they
get is (paraphrasing since I can't see their scroll):

Opening data connection for '/bin/ls'
ftp>

That is, the command is accepted, it goes away, and then comes back with
just a prompt - no file list, no error message, nothing.

I don't have the docs in front of me, but I'd like to ask the following
question:

 - Do I absolutely have to have a 'ls' binary in each ./bin account? Sun
clients don't seem to need one, but maybe Convex clients do?

Thanks for your help,

Dennis

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Dennis M. O'Neill                         [email-masked]	  *
* Schlumberger Geco-Prakla                  (713) 596-6103 (Office)       *
* 1325 S. Dairy Ashford                     (713) 596-1885 (FAX)          *
* Houston, TX 77077                                                       *
---------------------------------------------------------------------------