Subject: [361] Re: [360] Re: [359] Re: [357] dir problem solved

From: Jon Hamilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 21:11:37 -0500

>Get the GNU fileutils off any archive site near you. I got it from
>prep.ai.mit.edu in /pub/gnu dir. Compile "ls" with the -static option and
>that's all. Copy the compiled ls to ~ftp/bin and you don't need the libraries
>that you were supposed to copy over for the dynamically linked ls.

This will "solve" the dir problem, but be aware that on the fly
compression/tarring won't work if you don't have the appropriate 
libraries (unless you do the same thing with tar and gzip, of course).

--
+----------------------------------------------------------------+
|   Jon Hamilton  [email-masked] | [email-masked]      |
|   CS Solaris Systems Support Group, Iowa State University      |
+----------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: Leif Hedstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 12:59:27 -0700

Hmmm, sorry to waste your time but... Am I the only one finding the
Subject: line on this list being ridiculous? Look at the one in this
letter, my mail client only shows Re: [#] Re: [#] ...
I like being able to quickly see if a message is of interest or not,
by looking at the Subject: line.

Anyone agree the current scheme with numbering is poor?

-- Leif