Subject: [411] Real & guest users can't get in...

From: [email-masked] (Thomas P. Morgan)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 1994 08:20:55 -0400

I've just got 2.4 up on a Sun 4.1.3 system, and anonymous ftp
works fine.  However, real users and guest users aren't allowed
in.  wuftpd will drop them as soon as they finish there username, and 
before they type their password.

Also, is there some more information on setting up guest users?  The man
page on ftpaccess is rather sparse.

Thanks in advance -

TPM

Below is my ftpaccess file...

class   all   real,guest,anonymous  *

guestgroup	ftpguest

passwd-check	rfc822	enforce

limit   all   10   Any              /etc/msgs/msg.dead

readme  README*    login
readme  README*    cwd=*

message /welcome.msg            login
message .message                cwd=*

compress        yes             local remote
tar             yes             local remote

log commands real,guest
log transfers anonymous,guest,real inbound,outbound

shutdown /etc/shutmsg

email [email-masked]

Thomas P. Morgan, Computer Aided Engineering Division |   ____|~~|______
Naval Sea Systems Command, Code 03R6                  |   \____________/
2531 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Arlington VA, 22242-5160    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(703) 602-2151 Ext 208 cc:Mail: MORGAN_TOM at 05_02 CAD 2: morgan_t@soapfish

---

From: "The best things in life ... are fantasy." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 1994 10:08:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi there!

I have the same system running but I have not had that problem. However for the
class entries I have the following:
	class   local   real,guest,anonymous *.gsfc.nasa.gov
	class   remote  real,guest,anonymous *
	class   anon    anonymous            *
I don't know if that would be at all helpful since I can't see why yours doesn't
work. I suppose you did put everything where it belongs, yes? It is not clear to
me that anything else would make a difference. But then, I am only a novice at
this.

My question concerns the README* files -- specifically, how do they differ from
message and how do I set them up?

Thank you anyone for any responses.

PCVS