Subject: [333] Need help with Ultrix

From: "Cutler, Jim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 1994 07:53:00 -0700 (PDT)

I need help with ftpd 24. on Ultrix 4.4 (and 4.3a).  In both cases
the system is configured for enhanced security.  With no edits
anywhere, build ult and build install, along with placing the 
control files, works for anonymous users. Real users get rejected
with code 530.

When I edit config.h to #define ULTRIX_AUTH, the build fails
with "authorize_user" not found.

Is there some kind Ultrix user out there who could send me a 
recipe for making this thing work?

  JimC

---

From: Bill Stapleton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 1994 10:21:25 -0500 (CDT)

> recipe for making this thing work?

Edit the src/Makefile, make sure you have:

LAUTH    = -lauth

And make sure the "ftpd" line uses it:

ftpd: ${OBJS} ${LIBC}
      ${CC} ${CFLAGS} -o $@ ${OBJS} ${LIBES} ${LAUTH}

It should work, we're using it here...

--
Bill Stapleton
     [email-masked]
     uwmcsd4!wls