Subject: [150] Re: [149] Wildcards Fail

From: [email-masked] (Martin Butterworth)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 1994 13:31:18 -0300 (BST)

----- Begin Included Message -----

From: Evan Champion <[email-masked]>
Subject: [149] Wildcards Fail

When using ls, mget, etc. (basically anything with wildcards), wu-ftpd
always returns back "file not found".  Is there something specific I should
look in to to resolve this problem?

Evan

----- End Included Message -----

This happens when you mget or mput files that are pseudo
files using on-line compression.

Ie: you 'get' file fred.gz which does not exist but is trapped
by 'get' and auto gzip's file fred.
Not so in mget, this is a feature.

---

From: Evan Champion <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 1994 19:07:11 -0500

> Not so in mget, this is a feature.

I do have online compression on, but I am not asking for the compression.
I want to get all the files in a directory, ie: mget *.  There are 30 files
in the directory; wu-ftpd always returns that there are no files.  Same
with "dir *" or anything using any wildcards.

Evan
-- 
Evan Champion [Team OS/2] [email-masked] [synapse.net Sysadmin]
Get the OS/2 Wish List at ftp://ftp-os2.cdrom.com/pub/os2/info/os2wish.zip