Subject: [148] Conversions aren't working

From: Simon Lai <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 1994 10:43:11 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I've just joined this list, and at the same time just set up two
machines using wuftpd.  They both exhibit the same problem so
somewhere I am doing something wrong.

PROBLEM : Conversions fail, returning a 0 bytes file.
MACHINES: DEC Alpha running osfv1.3 (with siainitgood file in /etc/sia)
	  486-66 running FreeBSD-1.1

I know that the server is able to read the ftpconversions file.
ckconfig (?) says that it can , and no error message appears in the
logs.  As well it seems to accept the .gz and .tar.gz extensions.

The entire /home/ftp hierarchy is owned by user ftp.  Strangely 
enough I have the two entry passwd file in etc, yet ls still
insists on using the numeric id.  Something is not quite right here
(though this is only on the DEC machine).

Apart from this problem, everthing seems to be working out well.
The configuration files could use a little more tweaking though.

Thanks to all in involved in producing wuftpd.  It's much better than
the stock standard edition.

simon
-- 
Simon Lai, [email-masked], Department of Computer Technology, 
Monash University (Caulfield Campus), Caulfield 3145, Australia, Earth.
sjlai on goofey.