Subject: [201] wu-ftpd-2.4 and command logging

From: Rob Tanner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 16:08:16 -0700

I've just installed wu-ftpd-2.4, put a few files in the pub directory,
and enabled anonymous ftp in order to test things out.  Everything is
as I expect it to be except I have enabled command logging for
anonymous users and can't figure out where the commands are being
logged.  The documentation makes me suspect syslog, but only access
denial messages are appearing in the system logs.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

      _ _ _ _           _    _ _ _ _ _  
     /\_\_\_\_\        /\_\ /\_\_\_\_\_\  
    /\/_/_/_/_/       /\/_/ \/_/_/_/_/_/  Robert J. Tanner
   /\/_/__\/_/ __    /\/_/    /\/_/       Ames Research Center
  /\/_/_/_/_/ /\_\  /\/_/    /\/_/        (415) 604-3451 (SETI)
 /\/_/ \/_/  /\/_/_/\/_/    /\/_/         (415) 604-5347 (Kuiper)
 \/_/  \/_/  \/_/_/_/_/     \/_/          [email-masked]
 ____________________________________________________________________

---

From: [email-masked] (Judith Pellerin)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 18:22:52 -0400

On Jul 26,  4:08pm, Rob Tanner wrote:
> Subject: [201] wu-ftpd-2.4 and command logging
> 
>-- End of excerpt from Rob Tanner

Greetings, Rob!

Check the /usr/adm/xferlog - you'll find a neatly organized
log for all ftp accesses.

At least, for SGI IRIX 5.2.....

Judy Pellerin
UNIX handyperson
NASA HQ Office of Advanced Concepts and Technology
(202) 488-0628 office
(703) 303-8700 voicemail/pager