Subject: Re: [95] Re: [87] Away from e-mail

From: Leif Hedstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 1994 09:27:53 +0200

>Bill Campbell writes:
>> 
>> Your e-mail message will be read on his return.
>> 
>This is another great argument against having mailing-list Reply-To:
>headers pointing back to the mailing list.
>
>I strongly believe that Replies should go back to the original sender,
>and that posting to the list should require a little more effort.

FWIW, I agree completely!!! Not only would it solve this "mail-bomb"
problem, it makes it easier to give someone help. More than once, I
have just done a quick reply, without looking at the header. Since
almost all lists I'm on, but not WU-FTPd lists, will "reply" to the
true originator, I have sent messages to the list which were "private".

-- Leif

---

From: [email-masked] (Rob Scahill)
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 1994 09:36:27 +0000

>Your e-mail message will be read on his return.
Not all that's going to happen on his return.

Is it possible to send a surrogate mail message purporting to be from the
above person to unsubscribe him from the list?

PLEASE!

Rob.

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rob Scahill                             Email:  [email-masked]
Analyst Programmer                      or      [email-masked]
Computing Services
Staffordshire University                Tel     (0785) 275394
PO Box 335, Beaconside
Stafford ST18 0DP.                      Fax     (0785) 275482

---

From: [email-masked] (dang duc)
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 1994 09:44:27 +0200 (MET DST)

> Your e-mail message will be read on his return.
what's wrong,you are flooding my mail box
dang