Subject: [232] static ls for SunOS

From: [email-masked] (Greg Woods)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 1994 10:47:29 -0600 (MDT)

For anyone who is having trouble with "ls" or "dir" under SunOS: copying
all the shared libraries to anonymous FTP space is a kludge, and might
even be a security hole. I just use a statically-linked version of "ls";
it's a lot easier! The version I have was compiled from old source 
(SunOS 4.0.3), but it works on SunOS 4.1.1 through SunOS 4.1.3_U1.
Since it's already in the anonymous FTP area anyway, you can grab mine.
It's in ftp.ucar.edu:bin/ls. It works for me, but no support or guarantees
come with it.

--Greg

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill Campbell)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 1994 10:16:54 -0700 (PDT)

> (SunOS 4.0.3), but it works on SunOS 4.1.1 through SunOS 4.1.3_U1.
Ls and most of the common routines are also in the gnu fileutils
package which is available from prep.ai.mit.edu and many other ftp
sites.

Bill
--
INTERNET:  [email-masked]   Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
UUCP:              camco!bill   8545 SE 68th Street
FAX:           (206) 232-9186   Mercer Island, WA 98040; (206) 947-5591

When a place gets crowded enough to require ID's, social collapse is
not far away.  It is time to go elsewhere.  The best thing about space
travel is that it made it possible to go elsewhere.
		-- Robert Heinlein