Subject: [182] Hints on making dir work under SunOS 4.1.3

From: [email-masked] (Troy Curtiss)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 11:51:03 -0700 (PDT)

I finally got SunOS 4.1.3 to make dir work with wu-ftpd.  It turns out,
you need a few more files than I have seen posted (here & in man pages)
to date.  The best way to identify these files is to do the following
on your ftp machine:

trace ls

A lot of crap will be printed, but what your are looking for is the
runtime library filenames.  Here are the files I needed to finally make
my system work.  They were simply copied into the chroot'ed filesystem
~ftp:

/bin/ls  (of course)
/etc/passwd
/etc/group
/etc/ld.so.cache
/usr/lib/ld.so
/usr/lib/libc.so.1.9
/usr/lib/libc.so.1.9.1
/usr/lib/libdl.so.1.0
/dev/zero

Try these out... Actually I was quite shocked when I found that dir DID
work after days of messing around.  Good luck!

Troy Curtiss, Merix Corporation
HW/SW Engineer
[email-masked]