Subject: [151] [SOLUTION] OSF/1 Conversions problem

From: Simon Lai <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 1994 23:01:31 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I posted to this list a few days ago about some conversion problems
I was having with wuftpd under OSF/1.  I also had some email from
people with the same problem, so though I might post my solution here.
Maybe it can be added to point 7.  in NOTES about the ftp servers
in the INSTALL notes.

Solution
--------
simple really.

Make a directory called sbin under your ftp root directory, and 
copy /sbin/loader into it.  For most of us gzip and gnu.tar are
dynamically linked, and loader is the program that does the
dynamic linking.

Thanks also to Fergal Suipeil <[email-masked]> who
pointed out the need for /usr/shlib (similar to point 4.
in the notes section in the INSTALL notes) and the 
appropriate libs (which he pointed out can be gotten
with odump -Dl <binary>).

regards

simon

-- 
Simon Lai, [email-masked], Department of Computer Technology, 
Monash University (Caulfield Campus), Caulfield 3145, Australia, Earth.
sjlai on goofey.