Subject: [167] guestgroup xxx problems

From: [email-masked] (Troy Curtiss)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 09:54:48 -0700 (PDT)

In my ftpaccess file, I have the line:
guestgroup      ftp

Now this should logically treat everyone logging in belonging to group
ftp as a pseudo-anonymous ftp account, right?  Well I get the following
line:
550 Can't set guest privileges.

Any ideas??  Here's a copy of my /etc/passwd entry and /etc/group entry
too:
(/etc/passwd entry)
test:<encrypted passwd>:200:200:Test guest FTP
Account:/home/ftp/./home/ftp/test:
(/etc/group entry)
ftp:*:200:

Any way of letting a person in guestgroup in without a password,
similar to anonymous ftp?  Any help with all these questions would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Troy Curtiss
[email-masked]