Subject: [177] ftp from PC's has stopped working

From: Simon Lai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 21:15:16 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I installed wuftpd on two machines (one FreeBSD, the other OSF/1).
Now I can no longer ftp to either machine from my PC.  I have seen
the cautionary messages about using - as the first char for your
password, but I do not even get the Username prompt.  

This is using the ftp that comes with NCSA's telnet program.

ideas anyone ?  It must be something simple.  Did I miss
something in the install notes ?

simon
-- 
Simon Lai, [email-masked], Department of Computer Technology, 
Monash University (Caulfield Campus), Caulfield 3145, Australia, Earth.
Philospher's Union : "We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty"

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 12:42:35 +0100

Did you observe note (5) in the INSTALL file concerning 
defining a /etc/shells file if your OS doesn't have one
by default?

----------------------------------+------------------------
 Dr Phillip Kent                  | Email: [email-masked] 
 Transitional Mathematics Project | 
 Mathematics Department           | Tel: +44 (0)71 594 8503 
 Imperial College                 | Fax: +44 (0)71 594 8517   
 180 Queen's Gate                 |   
 London SW7 2BZ                   | 
 United Kingdom.                  |
----------------------------------+------------------------