Subject: [40] Time errors in log file

From: [email-masked] (Rob Parry)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 13:35:50 +22294909 (EDT)

I've just got wu-ftpd up and running and I noticed all the times in
the log file are ahead of what they should be by 4hrs - anybody have
any thoughts??

All my transfers to to /usr/adm/xferlog and all the ftp commands go to
/tmp/daemon.log - the times in both of the files are wrong.

I also noticed that when I connect to the ftp server, the time
reported to the client is also off by 4 hours. I'm running version 2.4
of wu-ftpd.

Thanks in advance,

 -- Rob

     +-----------------------------------------------------------------+
     |   Rob Parry                       [email-masked]   |
     |   USDA-ARS-Hydrology Lab          Voice: (301) 504-8625         |
     |   Beltsville, MD  USA             Fax:   (301) 504-8931         |
     +-----------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: "RANDOLPH J. HERBER, [email-masked], +1 708 840 2966, CD/HQ - CDF" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 13:25:22 -0500 (CDT)

|Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 13:35:50 +22294909 (EDT)
|From: [email-masked] (Rob Parry)
|Subject: [40] Time errors in log file
|To: [email-masked]

|I've just got wu-ftpd up and running and I noticed all the times in
|the log file are ahead of what they should be by 4hrs - anybody have
|any thoughts??

|All my transfers to to /usr/adm/xferlog and all the ftp commands go to
|/tmp/daemon.log - the times in both of the files are wrong.

|I also noticed that when I connect to the ftp server, the time
|reported to the client is also off by 4 hours. I'm running version 2.4
|of wu-ftpd.

|Thanks in advance,

| -- Rob

|     +-----------------------------------------------------------------+
|     |   Rob Parry                       [email-masked]   |
|     |   USDA-ARS-Hydrology Lab          Voice: (301) 504-8625         |
|     |   Beltsville, MD  USA             Fax:   (301) 504-8931         |
|     +-----------------------------------------------------------------+

And, in the winter time the error is 5 hours?

The time may be being reported in GMT.

Randolph J. Herber, [email-masked], +1 708 840 2966, CD/HQ - CDF
(Speaking for myself and not for US, US DOE, FNAL nor URA.)
(Product, trade, or service marks herein belong to their respective owners.)