Subject: [32] ksh user ftp

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 23:51:31 -0600

I've installed wu-ftpd 2.4 on a AIX 3.2.5 machine. Everything is ok except
all Korn shell users are rejected. Is there a mechanism to control the user
access according to his/her shell setting?

Thanks in advance.

--Ward

     __________________________________________________
    /                     /                           /
   /  Ward Deng          /   Maui Project Office     /
  / (505)277-8339(w)    /   1601 Central Ave. NE    /
 / (505)277-8235(fax)  /   Albuquerque, NM 87131   /
/                     /                           /
\____________________/\__________________________/
/                                                \
\       E-mail: [email-masked]                 \
 \________________________________________________/

---

From: Charles Wiles <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 10:43:58 +0100

>Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 23:51:31 -0600
>From: [email-masked]

>access according to his/her shell setting?

Ward,

  item 5. of "SOME NOTES ABOUT THE FTP SERVER" in the INSTALL file says:

    "Make sure that you have a /etc/shells that lists all valid shells on
    your system.  Otherwise, those who have shells not listed there will
    not be able to log in.  [Yes, this is the expected behaivor.]"

  hope this solves your problem.

    regards, charles
 ____________________________________________________________________________

  Charles Wiles, Systems Manager,               [email-masked]
  { Physics Practical Course (NeXT)                Tel. +44-(0)865 273450 }
  { Particle and Nuclear Physics (Sun/DEC)         Tel. +44-(0)865 273320 }
  Nuclear & Astrophysics Laboratory,
  Dept of Physics, University of Oxford,
  Keble Rd, OXFORD OX1 3RH, UK.                    Fax. +44-(0)865 273418
 ____________________________________________________________________________