Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.6.4

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 18:56:43 +0200

Now available: mod_ssl 2.6.4 for Apache 1.3.12. 
Just the usual amount of bugfixes, tweaks and cleanups to get our
mod_ssl 2.6 series even more clean and stable. Change details are
appended below.

Fetch it from:
http://www.modssl.org/source/
 ftp://ftp.modssl.org/source/

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.6.4 (16-Apr-2000 to 01-May-2000)

   *) Fixed Win32 build by adding gdi32.lib to the libraries
      and an additional include for <winsock2.h>.

   *) Added Equifax Secure CA certificates to ca-bundle.crt.

   *) Let the pass phrase dialog force the prompt to occur only once
      (no verification step), because mod_ssl uses the dialog only for
      pass phrases which are required for reading private keys. This as a
      side-effect should fix a problem under Win32 where a second prompt
      occured for unknown reasons.

   *) Added more compatibility to Stronghold v2's SSL_SessionCache.
   
   *) Added two more EAPI hools under SSL_VENDOR: one for overriding
      ap_server_root_relative calls and one for hooking into the server
      configuration step.

   *) Fixed SSL display for mod_status in `short report' situation.

   *) Made the SSL_EXPERIMENTAL stuff more flexible by checking
      for particular subset SSL_EXPERIMENTAL_xxxx defines and let
      SSL_EXPERIMENTAL define all those per default. This reduces the
      amount of patching vendors have to do in order to just enable a
      subset of the experimental code.

   *) Added hint to INSTALL document about port specifiers in test URLs
      (`:8080' and `:8443') if the installation is done under a non-root
      user.

   *) Fixed Win32's configure.bat: the check for OpenSSL
      header and libraries is now extended.

   *) Fixed --with-apxs under Solaris where libssl.module
      has to know $CC in order to enable the libgcc.a workaround.

   *) Fixed memory leak caused by not-freed SSL_CTX in the HTTPS proxy
      support (ssl_engine_ext.c/mod_proxy) under _NOT_ SSL_EXPERIMENTAL.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]