Subject: INFO: SSL presentation, mod_ssl statistics

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 18:20:56 +0100

Just for your information:

1. Under http://www.modssl.org/docs/ecrc1999/ an online version is
   available of an SSL presentation I gave last month for Cable &
   Wireless ECRC in Munich, Germany (nevertheless the presentation is
   in English, of course). It contains the usual amount of general SSL
   stuff, but also a very concise description of the RSA algorithm and its
   mathematical background.

2. Under http://www.modssl.org/news/statistic.html the latest numbers
   for November 1999 from Netcraft and E-Soft Inc. are available.
   They again show a nice growing popularity of mod_ssl. mod_ssl this
   time (the first time), with a growth of 13%, even has outdistanced
   mod_perl in E-Soft Inc.'s Apache module Report. This means that
   mod_ssl now seems to be the Apache killer module #3 after Frontpage
   (#2) and PHP (#1).

Cheers,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]