Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.6.5-1.3.12

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 13:14:42 +0200

Plenty of new stuff waits in the development queue for integration into
mod_ssl 2.7 (two variants of LDAP support for CRLs, Stronghold v3's shared
memory cache variant, etc.), so I've decided to first flush the already
pending changes from the last weeks with another mod_ssl 2.6.x version. The
change details are appended below.

Grab mod_ssl 2.6.5 from:

http://www.modssl.org/source/
 ftp://www.modssl.org/source/

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.6.5 (01-May-2000 to 04-Jul-2000)

   *) Removed more memory leaks by freeing even more stuff
      from the OpenSSL toolkit on module shutdown.

   *) Added missing TLSv1, EXP40 and EXP56 keywords to
      ssl_reference's documentation of SSLCipherSuite.

   *) Updated INSTALL document for MM 1.1.x.

   *) Added hints about MSIE workarounds (-SSLv3, !EXP56, etc.)
      to the FAQ entry about MSIE errors.

   *) Added !EXP56 to pre-configured SSLCipherSuite in order to avoid
      MSIE5.x problems in advance.

   *) Fixed typos in INSTALL: sbin -> bin for apachectl.

   *) mod_ssl's configure script now touches also ssl_expr_scan.l and
      ssl_expr_parse.y when applying the sources corrupted timestamps do
      not trigger the lex/yacc Makefile rules (which are intended for
      developer use only).

   *) Allow spaces in ServerRoot and SSLPassPhraseDialog arguments
      which is especially important for the Win32 environment.

   *) Fixed syntax errors in ssl_howto.wml: "Deny all" -> "Deny from all"

   *) Be aware of extended SERVER_BASEVERSION strings in configure.

   *) Removed a left-over ssl_scache_expire() call in ssl_scache_init()
      which made the life of vendors complicated.

   *) Allow more fine-tuned overriding of ap_server_root_relative calls
      by providing the context of the call.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]