Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.8.4-1.3.20

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 11:38:32 +0200

As you should now, our Apache 1.3.20 is available since yesterday.
So here is the corresponding mod_ssl 2.8.4. The CHANGES entries are
appended below.

Fetch mod_ssl 2.8.4 from:

  http://www.modssl.org/source/
   ftp://ftp.modssl.org/source/

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.8.4 (04-May-2001 to 20-May-2001)

   *) Removed old db1/ndbm.h kludge from mod_ssl.h, because it should be
      not needed at all, because mod_ssl downgrades to SDBM anyway on all
      Linux platforms. Additionally made the Linux check more accurate
      by using src/Configure's $PLAT variable instead of $OS.

   *) Upgraded to Apache 1.3.20

   *) +------------------------------------------------------------------+
      | Officially moved mod_ssl to Apache 2.0:                          |
      | The mod_ssl 2.8.x source tree is now frozen for development      |
      | and will only be updated for bugfixes and Apache 1.3.x version   |
      | upgrades. The last release (2.8.3) was imported to the ASF CVS   |
      | repository under httpd-2.0/modules/ssl/. All development efforts |
      | are now directed to the Apache 2.0 area. Nevertheless, mod_ssl   |
      | 2.8.x releases will occur as long as Apache 1.3.x releases occur.|
      +------------------------------------------------------------------+
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]