Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.4.4

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:45:18 +0200

As you know, shit happens, so the enabled IPC semaphore support from 2.4.3 for
xBSD, Solaris and Linux was broken under compile time for Linux where `union
semun' is (correctly) not pre-defined. So we need mod_ssl 2.4.4 which
immediately fixes this nasty compilation problem for the Linux community.
CHANGES entry follows.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.4.4 (27-Sep-1999 to 28-Sep-1999)

   *) Fixed the `union semun' situation for SSLMutex which was broken in 2.4.3
      because Apache's internal NEED_UNION_SEMUN define is horrible
      inconsistent (it was defined only for Solaris although it should be for
      a lot more platforms). The correct solution actually is this: Some
      platforms have a `union semun' pre-defined but Single Unix Specification
      (SUSv2) says in semctl(2): `If required, it is of type union semun,
      which the application program must explicitly declare'. So we have to
      define it always ourself to avoid problems (but under a different name
      to avoid a namespace clash, of course).

   *) Fixed `make certificate VIEW=1': nested quotes are
      disliked by strict(er) Bourne shell flavors.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]