Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.6.2-1.3.12

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 11:12:20 +0100

And another round to make mod_ssl 2.6 as stable as it can be: version 2.6.2.
It provides important bugfixes and a new ca-bundle.crt file for client
authentication.

http://www.modssl.org/source/
 ftp://ftp.modssl.org/source/

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.6.2 (29-Feb-2000 to 02-Mar-2000)

   *) Updated the conf/ssl.crt/ca-bundle.crt file (containing the CA
      Root Certificates of over 60 popular CAs) to the contents extracted
      from Netscape Communicator 4.72's cert7.db file.

   *) Fixed compilation of the new HTTPS proxy code (SSL_EXPERIMENTAL):
      The SSL_VENDOR was required without need if SSL_EXPERIMENTAL was
      enabled. This is now fixed and only SSL_EXPERIMENTAL is requied again
      for the new HTTPS proxy stuff.

   *) Added an FAQ entry about the "less entropy for the PRNG"
      problem which now becomes "popular" ;) with OpenSSL 0.9.5.

   *) Fixed conf/ssl.crl/Makefile: the files which have to be
      checked for existance are named foo.rNNN and not just foo.NNN

   *) Fixed a typo related to a RAND_status call in ssl_engine_rand.c
      which was introduced in 2.6.1 and which caused mod_ssl fail to
      compile if OpenSSL >= 0.9.5 was used [Sorry, my gcc hasn't catched
      this typo :-(...]

   *) Added also some random files which exists under Mach/Rhapshody
      platforms to the list of files in src/support/mkcert.sh to make
      sure enough entropy is available on these platforms under "make
      certificate" with OpenSSL 0.9.5

   *) Enhanced SSLRequire (SH2) -> SSLRequireSSL (mod_ssl)
      directive compatibility mapping.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]