Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.4.10-1.3.9

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 20:10:19 +0100

Before we release Apache 1.3.10 the next two weeks, I now provide you
with another 1.3.9 based stable mod_ssl: version 2.4.10. It provides
no fancy new things, just the release of all pending changes. They are
mainly cleanups and small fixes.

As always, you can find it on:

  http://www.modssl.org/source/
   ftp://ftp.modssl.org/source/

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.4.10 (24-Nov-1999 to 08-Jan-2000)

   *) Mentioned MD5-encrypted password in ssl_reference.wml in addition
      to DES-encrypted password.
   
   *) Added a new FAQ entry about the path internally pre-defined by
      EAPI_MM_CORE_PATH.

   *) Adjust the name-based-vhost complain: Talk say "you should not
      use" instead of "you cannot use", because first there are
      situations where it can be reasonable to use name-based vhosts with
      SSL and second there is no technical restriction on the mod_ssl side,
      of course.

   *) Changed the license on mod_define.c from the BSD/Apache-style
      license to a even less restrictive MIT-style license to allow
      everyone to do with this module what they want.

   *) Fixed a compile-time warning under very strict compilers by using
      a more correct `ssl_verify_t' (enum based) instead of `int' in
      ssl_engine_config.c.

   *) Various minor documentation updates.

   *) Made the EAPI-vs-plain-API complain in mod_so more clear.

   *) Adjusted all copyright messages to contain the new year 2000 ;)

   *) Fixed INSTALL.W32 document for latest OpenSSL versions.

   *) Fixed SSL session id context configuration: the value is now an
      MD5 of `server:port' and this way always a string of just 32 bytes,
      so OpenSSL's SSL_set_session_id_context() doesn't fail.

   *) Removed old CVS informations from etc/patch.tar tarball.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]