Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.3.11

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 12:16:28 +0200

Lots of small bugfixes and enhancements, but nothing to worry about if you're
already running mod_ssl 2.3 without problems. Thanks especially to Holger for
the various ideas for the configuration checks. It's our hope that this way we
can avoid a few FAQs on modssl-users for the future ;)

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.3.11 (28-Jul-1999 to 03-Aug-1999)

   *) Changed pass phrase dialog: Now you're allowed to enter even 1 char pass
      phrases, i.e. you're no longer required to enter more than 4 characters.
      That's important for encrypted private keys not generated via OpenSSL.
   
   *) Added configuration check: Now mod_ssl checks on startup whether the
      CommonName (CN) of a certificate matches the ServerName of the virtual
      host. If not, a warning is given, because it will lead to at least
      popping up dialog boxes in NS and IE.

   *) Added configuration check: Now mod_ssl checks whether more than one
      SSL-aware virtual host uses the same IP:port and complains with a
      warning, because for SSL name-based virtual hosts cannot be used.

   *) Overhauled mod_define: it now uses a global define value table and
      this way not works correctly also in <VirtualHost> sections and other
      contexts.

   *) Added a few more FAQ entries.

   *) Cleaned up ssl_init_Module() function: it now no longer
      destroys the server_rec argument as a side-effect.

   *) Fixed top-level Makefile.tmpl: ssl.crl wasn't created; README.CRL
      wasn't installed; incorporated an important escaping bugfix from Apache
      1.3.7-dev.

   *) Added fallback definitions for TRUE/FALSE to ap_mm.h

   *) Fixed I/O pre-sucking for HTTPS proxy situations where
      no mod_ssl context is attached to SSL structures.

   *) Fixed Mutex acquiring under Win32: the result value
      was computed incorrectly and leaded to warning log entries.

   *) Catch SIGPIPE in truerand.c (a contrib program in pkg.contrib/) to allow
      it behave correctly under `SSLRandomSeed exec:bin/truerand N'.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]