Subject: [ANNOUNCE] mod_ssl 2.8.6 (for Apache 1.3.23)

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:28:12 +0100

mod_ssl 2.8.6 for Apache 1.3.23 is now available.
The corresponding CHANGES entries are appended.

You can fetch it from:

 o  http://www.modssl.org/source/
 o   ftp://ftp.modssl.org/source/

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.8.6 (16-Oct-2001 to 01-Feb-2002)

   *) Upgraded to Apache 1.3.23

   *) Fixed a subtle indexing bug in SHMCB. Each sub-cache used an
      indexing structure that (correctly) used index values (and ranges)
      as "unsigned int", but the meta-structure in the header had these
      ranged as "unsigned char".

   *) Perform the SHMCB remove operation under mutual exclusion
      to prevent a inter-process synchronization problem.

   *) Made sure that mod_ssl does not segfault in case of
      SCOREBOARD_SIZE < 1024.

   *) Merged in the SDBM patch from Uwe Ohse which fixes a problem with
      sdbms .dir file, which arrises when a second .dir block is needed
      for the first time. read() returns 0 in that case, and the library
      forgot to initialize that new block. A related problem is that the
      calculation of db->maxbno is wrong. It just appends 4096*BYTESIZ
      bits, which is not enough except for small databases (.dir
      basically doubles everytime it's too small).
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]