Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.4.1-1.3.9

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:13:58 +0200

This version provides various cleanups and one important bugfix related to the
SSL connection shutdown procedure. This bugfix especially will fix the
remaining I/O errors some of you have still seen. So you're strongly
encouraged to upgrade to this version. Send your thanks to Paul Wilt for his
great detective work which helped in locating this subtle bug.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.4.1 (18-Aug-1999 to 30-Aug-1999)

   *) Added logging hint "too restrictive SSLCipherSuite or using DSA server
      certificate?" for "no shared cipher" errors.
   
   *) Added an explicit ap_blush() call to the connection close hook to
      make sure that pending outgoing data is flushed _before_ the SSL
      layer is closed. This is important to make sure that the pending
      data is still transferred through the SSL layer. Else an I/O
      error can occur inside the browser because the pending data is
      transferred as plain data (at a time where the browser will no
      longer expect the data, i.e. after the SSL close notify message
      was already received by it).

   *) Added new FAQ entries.

   *) Show `-D EAPI_MM' on `httpd -V', too.

   *) Pass also $(MFLAGS) to src/support/mkcert.sh for consistency.

   *) Fixed mod_define.html: `docroot' was doubled.

   *) Made sure mkcert.sh handles the algorithm variable more robust in order
      to make sure that people do not accidently choose the DSA variant.

   *) mod_ssl now complains already at startup if one tries to use ``SSLMutex
      file:...'' on Win32 (where the semaphore mutex _has_ to be used).

   *) Removed obsolete pkg.ssldoc/ssl_cover_title.gif
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]