Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.8.0 for Apache 1.3.17

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:03:51 +0100

Yesterday, finally, the new Apache version 1.3.17 was released (for
those wondering: 1.3.15 and 1.3.16 were not released). As usual, I
already prepared mod_ssl in advance to make sure you immediately have a
corresponding mod_ssl version available for use with the latest Apache
version. The ChangeLog entries are appended below.

Grab mod_ssl-2.8.0-1.3.17.tar.gz from:

http://www.modssl.org/source/
 ftp://ftp.modssl.org/source/

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.8.0 (14-Oct-2000 to 30-Jan-2001)
   
   *) Upgraded to Apache 1.3.17 as base version.
   
   *) Changed ApacheModuleSSL.dll to mod_ssl.so in Makefile.Win32 to
      make mod_ssl not too broken after Apache 1.3.16's Win32 changes.

   *) Enhanced ApacheCore.def patch for Win32 folks.

   *) Upgraded to Apache 1.3.16 as base version.
    
   *) Fixed ssl_intro.wml: DES uses 56 bit, not 54 bit.

   *) Allow %{ENV:variable} in SSLRequire expressions, too.

   *) Fixed version parsing for APXS stuff in configure.

   *) Fixed Geoff Thorpe's Email addresses in various places.

   *) Fixed typo in INSTALL document.

   *) Make sure the user is not able to fake the client certificate
      based authentication by just entering an X.509 Subject DN
      ("/XX=YYY/XX=YYY/..") as the username and "password" as the
      password if "SSLVerifyClient optional" is used in combination
      with "SSLOptions +FakeBasicAuth".

   *) Fixed URLs in FAQ.

   *) Various fixes for the Win32 world:
      reflect renaming of "makefile.nt" to "makefile.win"; scache
      reorganisation adjustments; etc.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]