Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.5.0-1.3.11

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 21:49:03 +0100

And here it is: mod_ssl 2.5.0 for Apache 1.3.11. Additionally to the
upgrade step for 1.3.11, the old experimental "POST support for HTTPS"
is now a standard feature and enables per default. More new features
will occur in this 2.5.x series in the next weeks.

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.5.0 (08-Jan-2000 to 22-Jan-2000)

   *) Switched the old "POST for HTTPS" support code from
      defined(SSL_EXPERIMENTAL) to !defined(SSL_CONSERVATIVE), because this
      code is both already stable (even it's not a conservative approach) and
      important. This way POST support is now available per default, but still
      can be disabled/removed by very conservative people with an easy
      --enable-rule=SSL_CONSERVATIVE.

   *) Added SSL_CONSERVATIVE rule to src/Configuration.tmpl which
      complements SSL_EXPERIMENTAL. Both rules are per default set
      to "no", i.e. disabled. But while SSL_EXPERIMENTAL still enables
      experimental code, enables SSL_CONSERVATIVE conservative code.  That is,
      actually per default some non-conservative things might be enabled which
      can be _disabled_ by forcing mod_ssl to use only conservative
      approaches.

   *) Added entry about "no shared ciphers" to FAQ.

   *) Upgraded to the new Apache version: 1.3.11 (BTW, Apache 1.3.10
      was never released). This moves the mod_ssl community to the
      latest Apache state and this way implicitly provides them over 70
      bugfixes and cleanups which 1.3.11 provides over 1.3.9.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]