Subject: [ANNOUNCE] mod_ssl 2.8.14-1.3.27

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:26:25 +0100

Sorry, mod_ssl 2.8.13 introduced two nasty bugs which let the server
crash. This is now fixed with mod_ssl 2.8.14 together with one more
long-standing crash bug related to the SHMHT session cache. Please
upgrade to this latest mod_ssl 2.8 version for Apache 1.3. Thanks.

o http://www.modssl.org/source/
o  ftp://ftp.modssl.org/source/

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.8.14 (18-Mar-2002 to 21-Mar-2003)

   *) Fixed logic in the destruction of a temporary certificate
      structure and this way avoid a crash due to freeing NULL object.

   *) Removed one newly introduced X509_free() call in the context of
      SSL_get_certificate(), because this function does not increment a
      reference count (although SSL_get_peer_certificate() does).

   *) Fixed hash-table based shared memory session cache (shmht)
      implementation by making sure that the underlying hash table
      library does not crash if memory cannot be allocated.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]