Subject: [ANNOUNCE] mod_ssl 2.8.20-1.3.31

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:46:25 +0200

Prompted by a security issue (see below), mod_ssl 2.8.20 for Apache
1.3.31 was released today. You can get it at the usual location:

o http://www.modssl.org/source/
o  ftp://ftp.modssl.org/source/

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.8.20 (16-Jul-2004 to 15-Oct-2004)

   *) With OpenSSL 0.9.7, prevent session resumption during a
      renegotiation to force the client to negotiate a new (and
      acceptable to mod_ssl) cipher suite. Additionally, ensure
      that a correct cipher suite has been negotiated afterwards
      (CAN-2004-0885).

   *) Fixed more printf(3) style format string bugs (not security
      related) which could crash the server if mod_ssl's trace
      or debug log level is enabled.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]