Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.6.6

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 22:38:04 +0200

Another little maintainance round to make 2.6 as stable as it could be:
mod_ssl version 2.6.6 is now available. Fetch it from...

  http://www.modssl.org/source/
   ftp://ftp.modssl.org/source/

This version mainly fixes two nasty bugs which were able to crash the
server. The first only if mod_ssl was built statically into Apache, the
second only if the new proxy stuff under --enable-rule=SSL_EXPERIMENTAL
was used. So, if you're using mod_ssl <= 2.6.4 or mod_ssl 2.6.5 as a
DSO and in both cases don't use the new proxy stuff, don't panic - the
two bugs will not affect you. If you're using mod_ssl 2.6.5 statically,
please immediately upgrade. Else you're not forced but encouraged to
upgrade.

Thanks for the people on modssl-users for their help.

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.6.6 (04-Jul-2000 to 12-Aug-2000)

   *) Fixed experimental HTTPS proxy code: A segfault was
      produced by an incorrect logging command.

   *) Fixed server restarts: Under non-DSO run-time situation, the 
      OpenSSL library was shutdown (and never re-initialized) and this 
      way caused segfaults on server restarts. This affected only 
      installations where mod_ssl+OpenSSL were built as a static module
      instead of a DSO. This nasty bug was unfortunately introduced in
      2.6.5 as a side-effect of an (otherwise correct) memory leak bugfix.
   
   *) Upgraded both the user manual sources and the website
      www.modssl.org from WML 1.6 to WML 2.0 format.

   *) Various typo fixes in user manual.

   *) Typo fix in INSTALL document related to RSAref.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]