Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.8.2

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:38:54 +0200

The usual fun amount of bugfixes leads to the next maintainance release
of mod_ssl: 2.8.2. The corresponding ChangeLog entries for version 2.8.2
are appended below. Feel free to upgrade your server installations after
grabbing it from the following locations:

  o http://www.modssl.org/source/
  o  ftp://ftp.modssl.org/source/

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.8.2 (03-Mar-2001 to 30-Mar-2001)

   *) Moved the Shared Memory Cyclic Buffer (SHMCB) session cache
      variant from "experimental" state to "production" by removing the
      `#ifdef SSL_EXPERIMENTAL_SHMCB ...#endif' wrappers. This means
      that now `SSLSessionCache shmcb:...' is unconditionally available.

   *) Modified (only) Win32's specific function SSL_recvwithtimeout()
      to use the same retry logic as SSL_writewithtimeout(). This
      fixes some problems with MSIE 5.x clients.

   *) Made the mutex handling more robust by retrying the
      semaphore-based operations in interrupt situations 
      (errno == EINTR).

   *) Also log the OpenSSL error message if the RSA temporary
      key(s) cannot be generated.

   *) Mention in INSTALL document that building OpenSSL with
      `no-threads' increased performance without negative side-effects
      because Apache 1.3 is never multi-threaded.

   *) Fixed mod_ssl Auth handler: it now returns DECLINED instead of
      OK if authentication is passed successfully to allow other modules
      (usually mod_auth) to still deny the request.

   *) Allow IPC semaphore support also under Tru64 5.x.

   *) Fixed certificate DN handling under EBCDIC platforms.

   *) Try to avoid casting warnings by using "unsigned long" type
      instead of "unsigned int" in the EAPI macros AP_CTX_XXXX.

   *) Make sure that the default path /usr/include is never added to
      CFLAGS with an explicit -I options to avoid conflicts with vendor
      include paths.

   *) Make extra sure the ssl_expr_parse.[ch] and ssl_expr_scan.c
      files are not regenerated for regular users by timestamping
      them in a little bit more conservative way.

   *) More fixes to configure.bat and Makefile.win32 to
      make mod_ssl work again under Win32.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]