Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.4.7

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 11:24:26 +0100

Another round to make the stable 2.4 series even more robust and clean:
mod_ssl 2.4.7. The CHANGES entries are appended, as usual.  If you're already
successfully running 2.4.6 you don't have to upgrade this time. If you're
running an older version (<= 2.4.6) I recommend you to now upgrade to mod_ssl
2.4.7.  No new features will be added to 2.4 and 2.4.7 is already considered
rock solid.  There will be certainly 2.4.8 and 2.4.9 in the next weeks, but
they will not provide new major things. Because in the next weeks development
on mod_ssl 2.5 will slowly start and so it's a good time for you to upgrade
your installations to the latest and most stable version now. 

Fetch it now from:

  o http://www.modssl.org/source/
  o  ftp://ftp.modssl.org/source/

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.4.7 (22-Oct-1999 to 02-Nov-1999)

   *) Added a check to mod_so to complain with a warning if one loads
      a plain Apache 1.3 DSO under EAPI (which might work, but can also
      segfault).

   *) Added more defensive programming checks in the cert/key handling.

   *) Added an entry to the FAQ about the commercial alternatives.

   *) Disabled SysV IPC semaphore based mutex variant for FreeBSD < 3.0 and
      any OpenBSD and NetBSD platforms because of conflicts with their
      non-POSIX conforming semctl(2) prototypes.

   *) Added an FAQ entry on how to enable Anonymous 
      Diffie-Hellman (ADH) ciphers.

   *) Now `make certificate' allows one to also change the
      certificate validity time (default is still 365 days).

   *) Recreated the ssl.crt/ca-bundle.crt file with all CA certs found in
      Netscape Communicator 4.7's cert7.db file.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]