Subject: [ANNOUNCE] mod_ssl 2.8.11-1.3.27

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:05:41 +0200

As you've hopefully recognized, the ASF released Apache 1.3.27, which
includes important security fixes. The corresponding mod_ssl 2.8.11 for
this version is now available, too.

Fetch it from:

 http://www.modssl.org/source/
  ftp://ftp.modssl.org/source/
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.8.11 (24-Jun-2002 to 04-Oct-2002)

   *) Upgraded to Apache 1.3.27.

   *) Fixed internal error handling for CRL verification.

   *) Initialize OpenSSL ENGINE before initializing OpenSSL
      to workaround problems with the PRNG.

   *) Also find "openssl" executable in "sbin" directories.

   *) Honor specified number of maximum bytes on SSLRandomSeed
      if reading from EGD.

   *) Fixed generation of SSL_CLIENT_CERT_CHAIN_[0-9] variables.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]