Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.4.0 (Apache 1.3.9)

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:04:10 +0200

After struggling with with Apache 1.3.7 and Apache 1.3.8 (both were not
released), Apache 1.3.9 is now finally available. The corresponding mod_ssl
version was bumped to 2.4.0, although this time mod_ssl itself was not changed
dramatically (so you can really expect it to be really stable). So, a small
changelog entry for mod_ssl, but a lot of differences for the whole system
Apache+mod_ssl+OpenSSL, of course. 

The current recommended triple is: Apache 1.3.9 + mod_ssl 2.4.0 + OpenSSL 0.9.4

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.4.0 (03-Aug-1999 to 18-Aug-1999)
   
   *) Upgraded from Apache 1.3.6 to Apache 1.3.9 
      (Apache versions 1.3.7 and 1.3.8 were not released).

   *) Fixed a nasty bug in mod_define.c: the global define variable pool was
      never destroyed and this way could lead to segfaults on server restarts.

   *) Pass number of bytes from ``SSLRandomSeed exec:/path/to/prog(bytes)'' as
      first argument to /path/to/prog in order to allow the program to know
      how much bytes of entropy it should provide on stdout.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]