Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.4.6

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 10:46:38 +0200

Before I have to again start with the daily (and already nerving) handicraft
and transactions in and for our new flat I took two hours this morning and
released mod_ssl 2.4.6 for you.  This version provides you with lots of small
bugfixes and cleanups and is worth an upgrade attempt. I consider it to be a
very stable version which successfully passed all my tests. The corresponding
CHANGES entries for this new version are appended.

As always, you can grab it from:

http://www.modssl.org/source/
 ftp://ftp.modssl.org/source/

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.4.6 (01-Oct-1999 to 22-Oct-1999)

   *) Re-created RSA and DSA certificates and private keys for both SnakeOil
      CA and SnakeOil Server, because the RSA certificate already expired
      recently.  The cert/keys are now valid for the next 2 years.

   *) Freshed up the test welcome page htdocs/index.html with a feather
      background image (just for fun ;) and with a few other cosmetic
      cleanups. 

   *) Fixed a few compile warnings under Win32 environment.

   *) Fixed interactive terminal based pass phrase dialog on Win32 platform by
      explicitly opening `con' (the console) instead of trying to use stdout
      (which seems to be no longer connected to the console under Win32).

   *) Fixed expiration checks for the session cache. The
      calculation and time comparsions were incorrect.

   *) Now `httpd -V' also shows the value of EAPI_MM_CORE_PATH
      (the path to the MM temporary files) if EAPI_MM is activated.

   *) Made sure that `httpd -t' correctly dies, i.e. including a
      cleanup of the global MM shared memory pool. Same for
      `httpd -V'. This is important to not let temporary files
      stay around which confuse `apachectl'.

   *) Changed a few checks in ssl_engine_scache.c to be even more
      conservative in order to prevent problems in advance.
   
   *) Reduced the size check for DBM session caching from 1024 to 950 bytes,
      because most DBM libraries have a limit of 1022. This should make sure
      we do not break some requirements some DBM libraries implicitly assume
      (even they do not explicitly document it).

   *) Fixed SSL_EXPERIMENTAL code related to the POST problem.  We now do a
      more careful memory management and a segfault-situation was removed,
      too.

   *) Now the PID is appended to the global MM based shared memory pool
      alloc.c allocates. This avoids problems with multiple server instances
      run from the same installation.

   *) Fixed a few typos in the INSTALL document.

   *) Fixed a nasty bug in the fixup phase which caused ``SSLOptions
      +ExportCertChain'' to dump core if no client certificates were present.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]