Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.3.4

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:51:53 +0200

The next mod_ssl 2.3 version provides you mainly two things: A new
(optionally) optimized SSL renegotiation handling and the ability to retrieve
SSL session cache status information via mod_status. Detailed information is
appended.

As always, the tarball can be found on:

http://www.modssl.org/source/
 ftp://ftp.modssl.org/source/

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.3.4 (09-Jun-1999 to 18-Jun-1999)

   *) The Fake Basic Auth stuff now is logging it's operation.

   *) Fixed pkg.contrib/cca.sh script: CA:TRUE was incorrect
      for a client certificate, of course.

   *) Added session cache status display to the pages generated by mod_status.
      When "ExtendedStatus on" is used mod_ssl appends session cache
      information (supported for both DBM and SHM).

   *) Fixed ``SSLVerifyClient optional_no_ca'' for per-directory context.

   *) Added ``SSLOptions +OptRenegotiate'':
      This enables optimized SSL connection renegotiation handling when SSL
      directives are used in per-directory context. Per default a strict
      handling is enabled where every per-directory reconfiguration of SSL
      parameters cause a full SSL renegotiation handshake.  When this option
      is used mod_ssl tries to avoid unnecessary handshakes by doing more
      granular (but still safe) parameter checks. This should reduce
      the renegotiation overhead a little bit.

   *) Also print SSL errors on SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL situation.

   *) Make sure EAPI_MM=SYSTEM doesn't add -I/usr/include to CFLAGS (which
      occurrs for instance under Debian where MM is installed in system
      locations).

   *) The SSL session context is now also set on session renegotiations.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]