Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.4.3

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:56:11 +0200

mod_ssl 2.4.3 - the usual amount of bugfixes and cleanups for the 2.4 series.
For more details see the appended CHANGES extract below.

As always you can find the tarball on:
 http://www.modssl.org/source/
  ftp://ftp.modssl.org/source/

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.4.3 (06-Sep-1999 to 27-Sep-1999)

   *) Upgraded pkg.contrib/gid-mkcert.sh to use OpenSSL
      instead of SSLeay+cafix+pkcs12.
   
   *) Enabled SSL_USE_SEM (Semaphore based SSLMutex) now explicitly
      for FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Linux and Solaris.

   *) Fixed ``SSL_CLIENT_CERT_CHAIN<n>'' variable generation under
      ``SSLOptions +ExportOptions''.

   *) Added new ``SSL_CLIENT_VERIFY'' variable which can be used with
      SSLRequire to manually check the verify results under ``SSLVerifyClient
      optional'' in order to redirect to an enrollment page.

   *) Fixed documentation related to SSL_XXX variables.

   *) Fixed timeout handling of internal OpenSSL cache.

   *) Make sure server.key/ca.key files are stored with explicit
      permissions 600 also in conf/ssl.key/ inside the source tree.

   *) Added hint about "Connection refused" problem to FAQ.

   *) Fixed semaphore based SSLMutex variant: the IPC_CREAT fallback was wrong
      and the return code semantics were treated incorrectly. Additionally the
      ownership of the semaphore is now set, too.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]