Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.6.1-1.3.12

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:41:54 +0100

mod_ssl 2.6.1 is now available. It provides mainly PRNG changes, but
also a few other fixes and cleanups.

http://www.modssl.org/source/
 ftp://ftp.modssl.org/source/

Yours,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.6.1 (25-Feb-2000 to 29-Feb-2000)

   *) Added support for OpenSSL 0.9.5's RAND_egd() which is now used
      to read entropy from the EGD Unix domain socket if `SSLRandSeed
      egd:/path/to/socket' is configured. 

   *) Extended builtin PRNG seeding with a run-time stack based source.
      This way the builtin source now creates more entropy and usually
      enough to make OpenSSL >= 0.9.5 happy again. If OpenSSL is still not
      happy (i.e. still not sufficient entropy exists), a warning message
      is logged by mod_ssl now.

   *) Fixed Tanenbaum's name on the quote in ssl_intro.wml

   *) Updated Thawte's sxnet stuff for latest OpenSSL.

   *) Allow mod_ssl to compile also under Win32 & VC++ 6.0
   
   *) Fix OS/2 support and this way make mod_ssl again work
      also under this platform.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
Official Announcement Mailing List          [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]