Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.2.8

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 16:29:29 +0200

This version is proposed to be the last 2.2 patchlevel and contains just a lot
of final cleanups and fixes to polish the stable 2.2 version. The forthcoming
version will be 2.3.0 which provides a lot of new and complex features (DSA/DH
support, CRL support, shared memory session cache, etc.), so production
servers should be now finally upgraded to this stable 2.2 version.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com

  Changes with mod_ssl 2.2.8 (29-Mar-1999 to 12-Apr-1999)
   
   *) Use SSL_smart_shutdown() also for SSL proxy stuff.

   *) Fixed some compat variable mappings and updated ssl_compat.wml
      document to reflect the current compat state.

   *) Added ssl_log_applies() function in advance for forthcoming feature
      commits.

   *) Added NEWS file to distribution which summarizes the major changes and
      this way gives a faster overview for the impatient users.

   *) Added a new pkg.contrib/cca.sh script which I used for client auth
      testing with the latest OpenSSL versions.  Additionally adjust old
      mca.sh script for OpenSSL.
   
   *) Added the missing ssl_template.inc file to the distribution

   *) Various source code cleanups to make forthcoming patches more clean.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)  www.engelschall.com/sw/mod_ssl/
Official Announcement Mailing List [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                       [email-masked]