Subject: HOWTO InfoNet
From: [email-masked] (Matt Welsh)
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 11:08:08 EST

I saw this on c.o.l.misc today. I think that it's partially aimed at
us, the HOWTO authors, but I think it would be a bad idea to get into
business with these people. The HOWTOs are already free documents and
I think its best that we retain custodianship of them.

Comments?

--
comp.os.linux.misc #44160 (0 + 0 more)                                     [1]
From: [email-masked] (Randal N. Streilein)
[1] Notice: Howto InfoNet
Date: Tue Mar 28 09:20:04 EST 1995
Organization: SHEP Communications
Lines: 34
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent v0.38

                   HOW-TO AUTHORS

Made all the money you want yet? Ready to make some more? I thought
so!  I've taken the next step with my own organizing tips booklet and
my other publications and want to invite you to come along for the
ride!!  Organizing Solutions, Inc., in partnership with Streilein
House of Electronic Publications has created a presence on the
Internet in the form of a 'home page' called the "How-To 
InfoNet.  A home page is electronic files that store all KlNDS of
Information. 
  What this means is that people read a menu of documents (later we'll
be adding other products) available at our home page site. For a fee,
the user can download the information onto their own computer once
they provide their credit card information.  No production or
fulfillment is required by you! We expect to add other products like
audio tapes,video tapes and CD-ROMs in the near future.  YOU receive
quarterly royalty checks from us for each copy of your publication
that's been downloaded. It doesn't get any easier than that, does it?

To request additional information and a publishing agreement, e-mail
us your fax number or e-mail address and we'll get it out to you right
away. Also, let us know what questions you have.

Our launch date on this expansion is April 15 (great date, isn't it?).
We'll probably do another edition in June, so jump in now. Looking
forward to hearing from you soon.

Abundantly yours,

Paulette Ensign