Subject: Re: HOWTO maintainer needed
From: Terry Dawson <[email-masked]>
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 1995 19:48:13 -0500

> I accidentally zapped a good chunk of my mailbox last week, so I wanted
> to ask again if anyone would like to take over maintenance of the HOWTOs.
> In fact multiple people could do it: One person take submissions and
> make sure they format okay, sending the results to someone else who can
> do the archiving. At any rate, I won't be able to continue maintaining the
> HOWTO archives for much longer---I'm moving onto other projects. Whatever 
> happens, I'll be happy to help people during the transition and do whatever
> I can do get things running smoothly again.

I've held off replying to this in the hope that someone else would
but since I haven't yet seen a reply to it I guess I'll have to volunteer
after all. I would be happy to do the latter part, doing the archiving.
I don't have enough hard drive to do the first, I can't even install Tex.

Paul, you once offered to help me out in this regard, how would feel about
helping me out by doing the collection/format testing etc. ?

> HOWTO project could fall apart, and I think that having this well-maintained,
> consolodated source of information is important for Linux.

I'd hate to see the HOWTO project fall apart.

Terry