Subject: HOWTO maintainer needed
From: [email-masked] (Matt Welsh)
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 16:33:50 -0500

I accidentally zapped a good chunk of my mailbox last week, so I wanted
to ask again if anyone would like to take over maintenance of the HOWTOs.
In fact multiple people could do it: One person take submissions and
make sure they format okay, sending the results to someone else who can
do the archiving. At any rate, I won't be able to continue maintaining the
HOWTO archives for much longer---I'm moving onto other projects. Whatever 
happens, I'll be happy to help people during the transition and do whatever
I can do get things running smoothly again.

I'd rather that one or more of you, the LDP writers, do this, rather 
than asking for help from a random person on the net. It's not a lot of
work, but it's something that I simply won't be able to page in much
during the coming months. 

I certainly hope that someone can continue to do this. Otherwise the
HOWTO project could fall apart, and I think that having this well-maintained,
consolodated source of information is important for Linux.

mdw