Subject: Re: Which HTML browser to get/use
From: Vince Skahan <[email-masked]>
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 20:29:13 -0500

> > I'm sorry that this isn't exactly LDP specific, but I thought that you guys
> > could give some good advice on which HTML browser to avoid, and which to
> > use.
> 
> I use chimera, you get the source, it compiles out of the box, doesn't need
> any special (read Motif) libraries and is pretty small.

I run netscape (ftp.mcom.com) and love it...but you can't get sources.
That doesn't bother me too much in this case since you can only get it from
the author.

NCSA mosaic also works great...but you need motif to build it yourself (although
I've found the binaries on sunsite work fine).

For quick'n'dirty, running lynx in a virtual console works fine too.

-- 
   ---------------- Vince Skahan ------ [email-masked] ------------
   Experience virtual "virtual reality".  Turn off that darn computer once
   in a while and get a real life...