Subject: Re: Which HTML browser to get/use
From: Terry Dawson <[email-masked]>
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 16:50:17 -0500

> I'm sorry that this isn't exactly LDP specific, but I thought that you guys
> could give some good advice on which HTML browser to avoid, and which to
> use.

I use chimera, you get the source, it compiles out of the box, doesn't need
any special (read Motif) libraries and is pretty small.

I haven't had my copy of the boble arrive yet, but I've browsed through a copy
at a local bookstore. While I can understand Matt's concern regarding the
removal of the author information from the documents themselves, it does appear
to make the book a whole lot more readable, and the authors are credited in the
inside front cover with their email address.

Matt, excluding assisting you with the HOWTO updates on sunsite, is there any
way that we can help ease some of your workload? We pretty much probably all
know what it is like to be busy, I'm juggling a demanding job, university,
howto's, family, life.

Is there any other LDP related work you are doing that we might be able to
share the load of with you?

Terry