Subject: Re: Emacs Documentation copyright (fwd)
From: Terry Dawson <[email-masked]>
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 17:07:42 +1000 (EST)

Richard was kind enough to forward me a copy of the GNU Emacs documentation
copyright to which he referred in a earlier message.

I've extracted what would appear to be a useful skeleton for us to
consider for Linux Documentation Project documents.

----

Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of
this manual provided the copyright notice and this permission notice
are preserved on all copies.

Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this
manual under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided also that the
sections entitled ``XXXXXX'', ``YYYYYY'' and ``ZZZZZZ''
 are included exactly as in the original, and
provided that the entire resulting derived work is distributed under the
terms of a permission notice identical to this one.

Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this manual
into another language, under the above conditions for modified versions,
except that the sections entitled ``XXXXXX'',
``YYYYYY'' and ``ZZZZZZ'' may be included in a
translation approved by the UUUUUU instead of in the
original English.

----

I'm quite happy with this and am keen to convert the documents I
maintain over to it.

Comments ?

regards
Terry

Richard's original:
--------------------------------------------------------------

\input texinfo

@ifinfo
@c The edition number appears in several places in this file
This corresponds to the eleventh edition of the @cite{GNU Emacs Manual},
for Emacs version 19.29.
@c Please REMEMBER to update edition number in *three* places in this file.

Published by the Free Software Foundation
59 Temple Place, Suite 330
Boston, MA  02111-1307 USA

Copyright (C) 1985, 1986, 1987, 1993, 1994, 1995 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of
this manual provided the copyright notice and this permission notice
are preserved on all copies.

@ignore
Permission is granted to process this file through Tex and print the
results, provided the printed document carries copying permission
notice identical to this one except for the removal of this paragraph
(this paragraph not being relevant to the printed manual).

@end ignore
Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this
manual under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided also that the
sections entitled ``The GNU Manifesto'', ``Distribution'' and ``GNU
General Public License'' are included exactly as in the original, and
provided that the entire resulting derived work is distributed under the
terms of a permission notice identical to this one.

Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this manual
into another language, under the above conditions for modified versions,
except that the sections entitled ``The GNU Manifesto'',
``Distribution'' and ``GNU General Public License'' may be included in a
translation approved by the Free Software Foundation instead of in the
original English.
@end ifinfo