Subject: Re: translations of howtos
From: [email-masked] (Matt Welsh)
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 09:11:59 EDT

Michael Will <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hello,
> 
> Several translations of my HOWTO do exist by now, a french, an italian, a 
> japanese version. 
> 
> I guess other HOWTOs have been translated as well, would it not be a good 
> idea to have a directory on sunsite.unc.edu's linux-doc-directory for 
> each language? 

What I've done so far is asked the folks coordinating the translations
to have their own sites and to advertise it "locally", that is, within
the language-specific community on the Internet. I don't know how well
that is working.

What I could do is just create a "non-english" directory under
/pub/Linux/docs, and subdirectories for each language. This could be
a general repository for translated and other non-English-language
Linux docs, HOWTOs and LDP manuals and so forth.

What we could do is make a posting asking all translation groups to
get in touch with us so we could have them upload their works to
sunsite...

What do you think?
mdw