Subject: HOWTO updates
From: [email-masked] (Matt Welsh)
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 01:22:00 -0500

I'm going to process all of the HOWTO updates RSN, as in this week.
I really do apologize for the long delays, but I've been busy as hell.
So much so that it might be nice to find someone else to be the HOWTO
secretary. The main reason that I like doing it is because I have
direct access to the FTP space on sunsite (where I update the HOWTOs
via rdist) as well as the directory containing the HTML versions for
sunsite's WWW server. I've got it all automated and a changing of the
guard might introduce problems.

If someone else can do this and has reliable network access (so that
you can run rdist and login to sunsite) I'll find out about getting you 
access to sunsite to take this over for me. It's not a lot of work but you
need a machine on the net to run Linuxdoc-SGML, groff, and LaTeX.
What I do is keep all of the HOWTOs in a directory tree and the various
formats are generated with a makefile running Linuxdoc-SGML. I can
then rdist the output directly to sunsite's FTP and WWW space, as
well as post them. I use a lot of Perl magic for some of this, so you'll
need to know Perl as well. 

Please only volunteer if you can do a better job than I have done!

Thanks,
mdw