Subject: Re: THANKS A LOT, GUYS!!!
From: [email-masked] (Matt Welsh)
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 14:39:05 EDT

First of all: Calm down, Mike. Nobody's intentionally trying to 
snub you. There's been some miscommunication.

"Michael E. Deisher" <[email-masked]> writes:
> I must say that I am pretty disappointed with the readers of this
> list.  I posted quite a while ago (and again recently), asking about
> the status of the Linux Bible Funds.  NO ONE RESPONDED EVEN THOUGH
> MANY OF YOU KNEW FULL-WELL WHAT WAS GOING ON.  

To whom are you referring? I have no idea what the status of "the funds"
are, except that Michael had mailed me telling me what my share was,
with the offer to donate to various places, etc. that you should have
seen. If you didn't get that message you should have mailed Michael
directly---he's the only one managing the funds here. He's the only
one with tabs on any of it.

> > The offer had a time limit (which has passed), and for offers with
> > no response, since I can't have money sitting in my bank account for
> > the IRS to wonder about, it is counted as a donation from the person
> > in question to Linux International.  That was explained in the offer
> > that I sent out, and it was also explained in the messages I posted
> > publically to [email-masked].  Therefore, a donation in
> > your name was made to Linux International.
> 
> Someone modified the domain of my email address before it was given to
> him.  When he tried to contact me, his mail bounced.  I'm not
> subscribed to linux-doc (yet).

> It doesn't bother me that the money went to LI.  It really bothers me
> that people on this list witheld this information from me.

Do you mean, withheld the fact that there was a time limit? First off,
I don't remember every aspect of the "deal" and secondly, I had only
assumed that after your first e-mail you had taken it up with Michael
and resolved the issue. It's not anybody else's responsibility to take
care of these kinds of confusions. I'm sorry if your e-mail address
was somehow mangled, and I don't know how Michael got left off od
the LDP-L list (there are problems with the list server that I'm trying
to resolve, but he should be on there).

> Should he be on this list???

Yes, and I believed that he was (being the maintainer of two HOWTOs).
Then again, I haven't been able to modify the subscription records 
for the list in several weeks, but I'll try again.

mdw