Subject: Re: THANKS A LOT, GUYS!!!
From: "Michael E. Deisher" <[email-masked]>
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 12:07:53 +0700

On Mon, 24 Jul 1995 14:39:05 EDT, [email-masked] (Matt Welsh) said:

> "Michael E. Deisher" <[email-masked]> writes:
>> I must say that I am pretty disappointed with the readers of this
>> list.  I posted quite a while ago (and again recently), asking
>> about the status of the Linux Bible Funds.  NO ONE RESPONDED EVEN
>> THOUGH MANY OF YOU KNEW FULL-WELL WHAT WAS GOING ON.

> To whom are you referring?

I'm referring to those who received the notice from Michael, saw my
post to the LDP-L list, and ignored it.

> If you didn't get that message you should have mailed Michael
> directly---he's the only one managing the funds here. He's the only
> one with tabs on any of it.

First, I had to know that such a message existed.  When I saw Kai's
post, I thought something might have happened so I sent an inquiry.
Given the past tirades on LDP-L, I didn't want to make a lot of noise
on the issue so I waited.  I assumed that no one responded because no
one knew what was going on.  That was not an unreasonable assumption
given the slowness with which this issue was being resolved.  By the
time I e-mailed Michael it was too late.

> I don't remember every aspect of the "deal" and secondly, I had only
> assumed that after your first e-mail you had taken it up with
> Michael and resolved the issue. 

How can you assume that no response means that the question was
answered?  That does not make much sense.  Especially when I asked
more than once.  Why respond to anyone's questions on LDP-L, then?

It is not my intention to create a lot of noise here.  I just wanted
to make my frustration known so that others may beware, and to inform
anyone else in my situation of what happened.  Have the last word if
you like.  But let's carry on any further discussion in private (off
the list).

--Mike