Subject: THANKS A LOT, GUYS!!!
From: "Michael E. Deisher" <[email-masked]>
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 11:16:30 +0700

I must say that I am pretty disappointed with the readers of this
list.  I posted quite a while ago (and again recently), asking about
the status of the Linux Bible Funds.  NO ONE RESPONDED EVEN THOUGH
MANY OF YOU KNEW FULL-WELL WHAT WAS GOING ON.  So much for the spirit
of cooperation.  I finally e-mailed Michael K. Johnson directly and
found out the truth.

On Mon, 24 Jul 1995 11:12:17 -0500, "Michael K. Johnson" <[email-masked]> said:

> The offer had a time limit (which has passed), and for offers with
> no response, since I can't have money sitting in my bank account for
> the IRS to wonder about, it is counted as a donation from the person
> in question to Linux International.  That was explained in the offer
> that I sent out, and it was also explained in the messages I posted
> publically to [email-masked].  Therefore, a donation in
> your name was made to Linux International.

Someone modified the domain of my email address before it was given to
him.  When he tried to contact me, his mail bounced.  I'm not
subscribed to linux-doc (yet).

It doesn't bother me that the money went to LI.  It really bothers me
that people on this list witheld this information from me.

--Mike

PS:
On Mon, 24 Jul 1995 11:12:17 -0500, "Michael K. Johnson" <[email-masked]> said:

> I don't appear to be on LDP-L.  I don't even know what it is.  It
> appears to have something to do with the LDP, but no one appears to
> have told me about it except that I've gotten a few email messages
> that have also been addressed to LDP-L.

Should he be on this list???