Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 94-3-9-18:23
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 1994 00:53:49 +0300

Topics:
	 Alpha-2 Linux User Guide

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Greenfie)
Subject: Alpha-2 Linux User Guide
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 1994 21:04:38 +0300

I'm sorry for the long delay. I haven't had much time to work on the User's
Guide lately, and some expected (local) critiques and editing haven't come
in, so I'm releasing alpha-2 of the user's guide today. I'm sorry for the
crudeness and all, and most of all I apologize to Karl for being so lazy
when he turned out chapters like magic.

I'm releasing this mostly unedited version to get comments on the overall
structure. For instance, should the discussion of how the computer boots up
be so early in the book? Since this is going to Sunsite, I anticipate I'll
get more people than I want looking at it, but that ain't that big a
tragedy.

It is, of course, not converted to SGML, which I'll try to look at sometime
soon.

Well, without further ado, it should be available as
"user-alpha-2.tar.gz" from sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/Incoming. (It may be
available in the standard LDP directory when you read this.)

Larry Greenfield
greenfie(ld)@gauss.rutgers.edu
        ^^^^ for better mailing, delete these characters

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------