Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 94-3-7-13:24
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 1994 21:05:54 +0300

Topics:
	 Linux Sound User's Guide now available

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Tranter)
Subject: Linux Sound User's Guide now available
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 1994 15:22:45 +0300

The first ALPHA release of The Linux Sound User's Guide is now
available.

This 40 page book describes the user visible aspects of the VoxWare
sound drivers used under Linux and several other Intel-based
Unix-compatible operating systems. It gives background information on
sound cards and digital sound and music technology, a detailed
installation procedure for the Linux sound drivers, and a
comprehensive survey of applications supporting sound. An extensive
list of references to additional material is also included.

I am hoping that this will become one of the Linux Documentation
Project books.

It has been uploaded to tsx-11.mit.edu, and should be available
shortly in the directory /pub/Linux/ALPHA/LDP. The following files are
included:

sound-alpha-1.README        Read me file
sound-alpha-1.lsm           Linux Software Map entry
sound-alpha-1.ps.gz         compressed PostScript file
sound-alpha-1.dvi.gz        compressed DVI file
sound-alpha-1.tar.gz        LaTeX source for document

You can send the PostScript file to a printer to make a hardcopy or
view it using Ghostview. All of the LaTeX source is included if you
want to regenerate the output in some other format.

I invite any comments on how to improve the document, or even a note
of thanks if you found it useful.

Jeff Tranter ([email-masked])

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------