Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 94-0-22-23:45
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 1994 03:26:49 +0200

Topics:
	 DOSEMU documentation needs help

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Corey Sweeney)
Subject: DOSEMU documentation needs help
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 1994 21:18:58 +0200

Hello,  I'm Corey Sweeney, and i'm working with a team of developers
on dosemu.  We currently have 2 documentation projects that need to be
worked on and we have not enough manpower to work on the documentation
while most of our people are programming.  If any of you have a
interest in working on any of the following documents, mail me at
[email-masked] 

DANG:
        I created and have been maintaining the DOSEMU altering
novices guide, and in order for me to keep working on other projects I
need to find someone who would like to over the project.

        For those of you who don't remember the DANG is a document
that provides information on the differn't sections of dosemu.  It's
soposto be a helpfull guide for C programmers who wish to make a
better world for dosemu.  I post it to the dosemu channel every once
in a while.

        To take the project over all that is required is:

                #1. Know the english language
                #2. Interest in DOSEMU
                #3. internet or USENET access

        Knowledge of C would be helpful but should not be truely nessary.

The DOSEMU manual:

        This was originally written by bob and is no longer being
maintained.  The manual was written in TeX, and contains information
on how to configure dosemu, how to install dosemu, a list and
description of dosemu's features, a list of dosemu's bugs, and much
more.  The manual is already quite comprehensive and very few sections
need to be added.  Mostly what is needed is to change the information
in the manual, to be updated every time james releases a new version.

        The manual is located in the "doc" directory, of the standard
dosemu source distribution (this does not imply that there is a binary
distribution).  If you would like to take over maintance of the DOSEMU
manual, read the annnouncements made by james with dosemu .49pl3, and
try to edit the texinfo files to be current in your directory.  Once
you have started send me mail so i can list you in the regestry as the
maintainer.

        Note: The manual has fallen behind since rob stoped
maintaining it.

        Corey
        [email-masked]

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------