Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 94-3-1-17:48
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 1994 00:01:27 +0300

Topics:
	 LDP WWW Home Page

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Matt Welsh)
Subject: LDP WWW Home Page
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 1994 20:43:28 +0300

I've done an overhaul of the Linux Home Page on sunsite; it's now
the Linux Documentation Project Home Page, and I plan to use it to
distribute HTMLized versions of many Linux documents. There are 
HTML versions of the Installation and Distribution HOWTOs (produced
automatically with my SGML tools, so other HOWTOs will follow suit),
and a crude HTML I&GS, which I'll be fixing up later. 

It would be nice if we could HTMLize the other LDP manuals. For this
you can use LaTeX2HTML, information on which is at the URL:
http://cbl.leeds.ac.uk/nikos/tex2html/doc/latex2html/latex2html.html	

It works quite well, passing confusing elements to LaTeX for processing
and inclusion at a bitmap. In order to make latex2html's job easier
I'll hack up a version of linuxdoc.sty that implements certain macros
in less complicated forms.

Note that the HOWTO HTML is generated directly from SGML. I'll be
releasing my set of SGML tools for use with the HOWTOs soon. We can
decide if we want to use this for the LDP manuals as well; I think
that it would work well. 

The URL for the sunsite WWW page is:
	http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/linux.html

Check it out, and let me know what you think.

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------