Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 94-2-28-5:21
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 10:03:31 +0300

Topics:
	 Linux Sound User's Guide

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Tranter)
Subject: Linux Sound User's Guide
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 05:48:58 +0300

The Linux Sound User's Guide is now ready for proofreading by the LDP
team.

As per Matt Welsh's instructions I've uploaded it to
ftp.cs.cornell.edu in the directory /pub/mdw/incoming; the file is
sound-users-guide-1.0.tar.gz

This 40 page book describes the user visible aspects of the VoxWare
sound drivers used under Linux and several other Intel-based Unix
compatible operating systems. It gives background information on sound
cards and digital sound and music technology in general, a detailed
installation procedure for the Linux sound drivers, and a
comprehensive survey of applications supporting sound under Linux. An
extensive list of references to additional material is also included,
as well as a glossary of terms used.

As well as a PostScript version, all of the LaTeX files needed to
build it are included. I'm hoping this will become one of the official
LDP books.

Jeff
--
Jeff Tranter
Software Technology
Mitel Corporation, Kanata, Ontario, CANADA

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------