Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 94-2-20-6:53
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 1994 12:21:13 +0200

Topics:
	 Re: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 94-2-19-17:47

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Matt Welsh)
Subject: Re: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 94-2-19-17:47
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 1994 06:31:45 +0200

> How much need is there for a book introducing newcomers to Linux
> to Unix security? 

I guess so, since you're mailing from root. :)

> I've got a rough outline already.  I think a 
> book geared for Unix newbies from a Linux perspective would be
> useful, espcially since I won't be covering BSD/SysV/Xenix/SCO/
> blah/blah/blah all together.

I don't have any objections as long as you can write an entire
book on it. If not you might want to include the information in the
System Admin Guide as a series of chapters---if lengthy enough
you and Lars would co-author that book. 

I think it's a good idea, although I do think you should cover
the advanced topics as well. (Why not?) 

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------