Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 94-0-20-20:35
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 1994 00:17:27 +0200

Topics:
	 Very, very alpha of LUG

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Greenfie)
Subject: Very, very alpha of LUG
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 1994 19:00:14 +0200

I've uploaded a pre-pre-alpha version of the User's Guide to
ftp.stolaf.edu. Since I work on multiple computers, not all of whom are
connected to the net, there are a few things I've done to the file
"shell2.tex" that aren't reflected in the version on the ftp site. Karl
Fogel may or may not be working with "starting.tex", but I haven't annoyed
him since he wrote the chapter on Emacs that looks extremely nice.

Mostly, this has been a big disappointment. From about 10 to 15 people who
said they'd write something that I could (edit and) include into the
documentation, I have received 1 chapter, not including Karl's. It is
currently included verbatim. Suggestions on structure would be most
appreciated.

To properly LaTeX this document, you'll also need "makeindex". I believe
you have to run LaTeX twice, then makeindex, then LaTeX once more, but I
haven't fiddled to try and see whether you can omit a LaTeX. (I rarely
compile the index.)

Any comments, suggestions, and complaints will be accepted. Any written
material will be loved.

While I do not believe there is an explicit copyright inside the file, all
material is copyrighted by the respective authors. I would appreciate it if
no one said anything about this to anyone outside the DOC channel.

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------