Subject: Re: Some comments
From: Vince Skahan <[email-masked]>
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 02:59:03 -0500

> Just as a sanity check, how many of the rest of the HOWTO authors get
> abusive mail relating to their documents ? I seem to have something
> approaching a 20:1 ratio of complaint vs useful feedback. Most of the
> complaint has been caused by people reading old version of the HOWTO.

I'd say about 70% begging for personalized help through 'tfms :-)
        about 20% reporting mistakes or omissions that are long
			fixed but they are reading an old version
	about 10% expressing thanks for having put the HOWTOs together

I've never received an abusive or negative one regarding my stuff so
far (in the least), but then again I've long since stopped reading
c.o.l.* except for announce.  When I hit a 99% kill-or-ignore ratio
in c.o.l.* it wasn't worth my time to read any of the groups any more.

-- 
   ---------------- Vince Skahan ------ [email-masked] ------------
   Experience virtual "virtual reality".  Turn off that darn computer once
   in a while and get a real life...