Subject: Re: Some comments
From: [email-masked] (Michael E. Deisher)
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 10:19:44 -0500

> Just as a sanity check, how many of the rest of the HOWTO authors
> get abusive mail relating to their documents ? I seem to have
> something approaching a 20:1 ratio of complaint vs useful
> feedback. 

In my experience, it has been more like 3:1.  

> Most of the complaint has been caused by people reading old version
> of the HOWTO.

Amen.

> I've gone close to sending some beg-mail to a notable couple of the
> linux distributors to make sure the last thing they get a copy of is
> the HOWTO files.

It is really in their (the distributors) best interest anyway.  In the
long run, they will retain more customers if the documentation they
distribute matches the software.

--Mike
[email-masked]