Subject: Re: Some comments
From: Terry Dawson <[email-masked]>
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 02:29:04 -0500

> Matt suggested reamining it to the PPP-HOWTO. I don't really object to this
> name, however, it really is a FAQ. It does not describe 'how to' use the
> product, but rather a series of problems and their solutions which have been
> pervasive through both my email and the PPP development mail list at niksula.

Thanks Al,
I'll take a look and modify the NET-2-HOWTO to suit. Some recent discussions
may well see a similar style document for SLIP soon.

Just as a sanity check, how many of the rest of the HOWTO authors get
abusive mail relating to their documents ? I seem to have something
approaching a 20:1 ratio of complaint vs useful feedback. Most of the
complaint has been caused by people reading old version of the HOWTO.

I've gone close to sending some beg-mail to a notable couple of the
linux distributors to make sure the last thing they get a copy of is the
HOWTO files. Better in my opinion to have the documentation more up to date
than the code. At least for the end user anyway.

Terry