Subject: Re: Some comments
From: [email-masked] (Kai Harrekilde-Petersen)
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 15:54:59 -0500

[I tried this some time ago, but my new email address hadn't been accepted,
obviously.]

Matt Welsh writes:
> 	3) Problems with section headings being too long; they get
> 	   tro be mysteriously "wrapped" at least in the nroff
> 	   conversion. Look at the Ftape-HOWTO (not your fault, Kai!
> 	   Just an example of where it happens). 

Yes, these long section headers are a real (g)nuisance.  I have noticed them
myself, but I thought that it was a a problem with my version of groff (I
run groff v1.08, Matt runs v1.09, if I'm right).  Matt, how do you cope with
my infinitely long section headers? Cut-n-paste from the SGML source?
<shudder>.

The *real* test of long section headers would be the PPP FAQ.  I helped Al
Longyear to convert the old ascii version into SGML, and i could think of no
better way of converting the Q&A style, than using a <sect1> for each
question.  This leads to section headers which go across two to four lines
(yuk!).  Hmmm ... maybe we could have a special <question> / <answer> thing
for FAQ sections?

Kai
-- 
Kai Harrekilde-Petersen <[email-masked]> Linux: choice of a GNU generation
>> Inside every little problem there's a BIG problem, struggling to get out <<