Subject: Re: Some comments
From: Vince Skahan <[email-masked]>
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 1994 22:28:54 -0500

> Vince Skahan <[email-masked]> writes:
> > Matt, just go and grab a copy of 'post-faq' which handles the whole
> > thing quite nicely.  
> 
> I've got post-faq, it doesn't do what I need it to do. It can't
> split an FAQ file into multiple pieces and post each with the
> header.
> 
> Anyway, I just posted all of your HOWTOs. People are complaining because
> they're quite long. What should I do? Post some of them, but not all? 
> Stagger postings? Not post any and post a monthly pointer to where you 
> can get them via FTP, mail server, and WWW?

post the darn things....

I can't believe that a few HOWTOs that are small in size for USENET in 
general will hurt anybody at all.  I also get comments each time they're
posted.  In the 2 years or so mine have been in c.o.l.*, I've received
lots of mail about them, but there have been zero complaints at all.

-- 
   ---------------- Vince Skahan ------ [email-masked] ------------
   Experience virtual "virtual reality".  Turn off that darn computer once
   in a while and get a real life...