Subject: Re: Some comments
From: [email-masked] (Greg Hankins)
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 17:15:35 -0500

Matt Welsh writes:
>Anyway, I just posted all of your HOWTOs. People are complaining because
>they're quite long. What should I do? Post some of them, but not all? 
>Stagger postings? Not post any and post a monthly pointer to where you 
>can get them via FTP, mail server, and WWW?
>I could then leave it to you guys to post your HOWTOs if you wish
>to do so... but that leads people to believe that ALL HOWTos
>will be posted on a regular basis, and so forth. It's quite a
>problem. What do you think?

I think they should be posted.  Maybe just to c.o.l.a and not c.o.l.m.
I've always gotten some comments about my HOWTO everytime they were posted,
so I think the effort is worth it.  Plus, it makes people aware of them,
just today I read news, and pointed 2 people to the Serial HOWTO who didn't
know about it.  If you (or someone else - wouldn't have to be you,
although it makes sense IMHO for you to post them since you're our fearless
leader) posts them all at once, then we will get consistant postings, rather 
than everyone posting at their will.

MHO,
Greg

-- 
Greg Hankins ([email-masked])  |  Georgia Institute of Technology
Computing and Networking Services          |  College of Computing
+1 404 853 9989                            |  Atlanta, GA 30332-0280 
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/staff/h/Greg.Hankins/