Subject: Donations
From: [email-masked] (Matt Welsh)
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 1994 18:25:18 -0500

Folks,

I just got a call from Adam Ricter at Yggdrasil... apparently there's
been some confusion over donations to the LDP. Yggdrasil has in fact
donated $1/copy for the 1st Edition of the Linux Bible---that's
$4232 in all. The money is (ahem) sitting in my account right now.
This week I plan to send Michael K Johnson a check for this amount which
he'll use to open an account for LDP donations down in North Carolina;
Michael and his wife, Kim, have agreed to "handle the books" for
these donations.

I've just been extraordinarily busy these last few months, and never
got around to sending Michael the money. Apologies for this. From what
I understand we should be receiving around $15,000 from Yggdrasil
and Linux SYstems Labs for the second edition of the Linux Bible.
Once this account is open I'll ask people to send donations to Michael,
instead, so he gets them directly and I won't be lazy about it.

Please, don't pester Adam Richter or anyone at Yggdrasil or LSL about
LDP donations. They're being very generous to donate this money to us,
and the last thing we need is to make their life more difficult.
I know, I know... they are using our work to make profit, but that's a 
fact of life that goes along with writing free documentation. If you have 
any questions or concerns about the LDP or donations please address them 
to me, or to this list, before bugging Adam Richter.

Thanks.

mdw