Subject: Re: Some comments
From: Terry Dawson <[email-masked]>
To: Linux Documentation Project writers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 00:09:08 -0500

> 	   Folks, you MUST format your SGML HOWTOs and run
> 	   LaTeX/nroff/etc. on them before sending them to me.

I don't have the disk space to install LaTex.

I'd still like to see the whole sunsite archive-HOWTO update process automated.
I imagine something like deliver or some other mail processing tool
sitting on sunsite somewhere so that authors can mail their HOWTO's to
an address at sunsite, their address be checked against a known list of
authors, their sgml source be processed with a reply mail message listing
any error messages from the various conversion runs, and if all is successful
to have the various pieces packaged and dumped into the appropriate
directories for ftp and the Web Server.

This would save Matt a lot of time in having to test all of the stuff,
and allow the authors to provide updates as frequently as they wanted.

A job could then be run once a month or the like to post the various HOWTO
document to the newsgroups.

Am I dreaming ?

Terry