Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 94-10-2-23:37
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 02:04:28 +0200

Topics:
	 Re: printing manpages in lj format

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Quinlan)
Subject: Re: printing manpages in lj format
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 94 10:15 PST

Hirac Kasapoglu <[email-masked]> writes:

> My problem is: I want to convert manpages from ps to lj format. I
> use this script to do that.
>
> gs -sDEVICE=laserjet -sOutputFile=$1.lj -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -dNOPAUSE -q $1.ps
>
> It is ok. It works but I have to enter quit command or press ctrl-D
> key to quit the GS prompt. I can do it for several times. But it is
> very hard to it for several thousand times. Because I want to do it
> for all man pages. How can I force GS to quit immediatly after
> finishing its job.

I can't say I know why gs exhibits the above braindead behavior, but
redirecting stdin works fine.

	gs blah blah blah < /dev/null

Alternatively, ftp to jclark.com:/pub/test and get groff-lj4.tar.gz.
It, when untarred over the standard groff-1.09 source, lets you output
LaserJet directly from groff.

It also looks a great deal better than the GhostScript equivalent.

- Dan

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------