Subject: SAG 0.2
From: Lars Wirzenius <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 1994 05:05:59 -0400

Just when you thought you were safe...

	SAG 0.2

Yes!  It's a new version of the preversion of the draft of the prototype
for Linux System Administrators' Guide (coming soon to a millenium near
you)!  You can hopefully find it in a few days in

	ftp.stolaf.edu: pub/linux-doc/sag-0.2.tar.gz

It is now in the incoming directory, but you will have to wait until
it is moved to the above place.

So much for the good news.  Version 0.2 consists only of one chapter,
"Using Disks and Other Storage Media", plus some experiments with the
front matter that tries to look more like a book.  (I'm including the
experiments since this is a private release; for public releases I will
use the usual LDP layout.) There are two illustrations (not counting
the title page), both done using Xfig and included as Postscript into
the document.

It is about 20 pages of text, plus a few pages of front matter.  It is
still partly unwritten, and what's written is a bit raw.  As before,
the META's indicate some of the parts that I know need work.

Included are Postscript and plain text versions, as well as all the
source code.  The plain text version is done with delatex, and the
result is not exactly pretty, but it should be readable.  I'll learn
them newfangled tools some other time.

I wanted to present you with a finished chapter, but I'm getting tired of
this one, for the time being.  I also have two other things that need
to be written, and one that needs to be rewritten, for work, so my
writing capacity will be filled for the next week or two.

Do not distribute this version to people outside the doc project.  I don't
want unfinished material spreading.  I'll be putting it up for public
ftp when some of the worst parts have been touched up a bit.  Please be
patient.

And whatever you do, _don't_ tell anyone about ftp.stolaf.edu.

I'm looking primarily for comments on factual errors, and suggestions for
better ways to explain things.  I have not had the possibility to
print it out yet (will have next week), so I haven't proofread it properly
yet, so don't be surprised if there are many trivial errors.  (If you find
any, send me mail, but concentrate on the more important issues, please.)