Subject: FYI: install guide
From: Matt Welsh <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1993 22:58:21 -0500

X-Mn-Key: DOC

The install doc is moving right along. Looks like it's going to work out
okay, I already have the first 3 chapters written (on introduction,
getting, and installing Linux, the SLS package). Which IMHO is the most
important thing that was needed. 

In any case, there will be three (maybe four) more chapters: one by Larry,
a tutorial on starting to use Linux. One by Lars, on beginning system
administration. And another by me, on more advanced topics: getting 
started with Xwindows and TCP/IP, etc. 

The Xwindows and TCP/IP information, I think, depends on knowing what's
going to be in the System Administrator's Guide. So full chapters on those
topics will be there. However, in the Install guide I want to provide a 
quick introduction to some concepts and from there reference the TCP/IP guide.

Thus the install guide will cover more or less installing and sitting down
and using SLS, not a whole lot more. Actually tinkering and customizing
the system will be in the User's and System Admin's guide. That's the plan,
folks. 

Cheers,
mdw