Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-11-15-17:8
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1993 22:56:57 +0200

Topics:
	 tar man page problem

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Jim Lynch)
Subject: tar man page problem
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1993 16:04:30 +0200

I hate to bother this group with such a trivial question, but I haven't
been able to find an answer and am getting frustrated.

I have a tar man page that appears to be a texinfo doc.  I don't seem to
have texinfo installed and can't find it on sunsite.  I suspect it is
buried in one of the distributions.  So....

I would like to get a man page for tar that doesn't use texinfo if possible
but I can't find a file on sunsite that looks promising.  I downloaded about
4 files that seemed likely to have manpages, but none of them contained
a tar man page.

If there is no real man page for tar available then can someone tell me how
to get my man (or any other one) to handle a texinfo doc?  

I have a linux 99.14 system that I built from scratch, i. e. I didn't
use a distribution.  Back when I put a linux 0.12 system together, there
weren't any distributions as I recall, so I have a piecemeal system.

Thanks for any help...

Jim.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim Lynch, Sales Analyst,  Cray Research, Inc. / ARS: K4GVO
Southeast District, Phone: (404) 631-2254, Email: [email-masked]
Suite 270, 200 Westpark Drive, Peachtree City, GA 30269

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------