Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-11-14-0:31
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1993 02:58:35 +0200

Topics:
	 [MANPAGE PROJECT] New copyright notice needed

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Rik Faith <[email-masked]>
Subject: [MANPAGE PROJECT] New copyright notice needed
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1993 20:32:17 +0200

Many man pages say: May be distributed under the GNU General Public License

This is not quite appropriate for man pages.

I suggest we change this to:

Permission is granted to make and distribtue verbatim copies of this manual
provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are preserved on
all copies.

Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this
manual under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided that the entire
resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a permission
notice identical to this one.

Comments?  Permission from authors?

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------