Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-11-13-15:49
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1993 22:55:46 +0200

Topics:
	 [MANPAGE PROJECT] Copyright change needed

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Rik Faith <[email-masked]>
Subject: [MANPAGE PROJECT] Copyright change needed
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1993 17:37:17 +0200

It has been pointed out that many man pages have the following notice: `May
be distributed under the GNU General Public License', and that this notice
is somewhat "meaningless" for a man page.

Therefore, I suggest that I change that line in the man pages to the
following:

"Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this
manual provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are
preserved on all copies.

Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this
manual under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided that the entire
resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a permission
notice identical to this one."

This is from current FSF manuals.  I need comments.  After we hash out the
exact wording, man page writers will need to give me written permission to
make the change, which I will do before the next release of the man pages.

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------