Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-11-11-6:31
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1993 12:43:19 +0200

Topics:
	 Re: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-11-10-2:26

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Matt Welsh)
Subject: Re: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-11-10-2:26
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1993 07:06:44 +0200

Thanks to everyone for comments on OTF. I'm currently looking at using
SGML with an "OTF DTD" for implementing this. Someone pointed out a nice
tool, QWERTZ, which can convert SGML to TeX and nroff. It seems that
info would not be hard to produce.

> From: [email-masked] (Olaf Kirch)
>
> Stressing the word *could*. Given that TeXinfo has these features, too,
> this leaves me wondering why documentation doesn't get written (and,
> even less, read) ;)

My main problem with TeXinfo is that it doesn't automatically generate
@node entries for you. (Maybe LaTeXinfo does.) Also, ASCII produced by
texi2roff is not very good quality. :(

All comments have been helpful. I'm going to take another look at SGML
tools and see what I can find. 

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------