Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-11-8-15:43
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1993 18:54:11 +0200

Topics:
	 Re: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-11-6-16:50 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Jim Van Zandt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-11-6-16:50 
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1993 14:40:10 +0200

In message <[email-masked]> you write:
>Straw Poll: The ``One True Format''

It looks like a subset of LaTeX would satisfy your goals: LaTeX because
it reflects the structure of the document rather than the procedure needed
for the desired result, and because arbitrary tailoring is possible by
means of a .sty file.  A subset to make translations into other forms
practical.

I would add "indexing" to your list of features.  You might also allow
the author to designate text which can be suppressed if only an overview
is desired.  These would correspond to footnotes and/or parenthetical
expressions in printed text, or hypertext links in an on-line version.

                             - Jim Van Zandt <[email-masked]>

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------