Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-10-3-12:39
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1993 19:39:50 +0200

Topics:
	 Re: Press kit discussion needed
	 Re: press kit

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Jim Van Zandt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Press kit discussion needed
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1993 14:18:23 +0200

Karl Fogel writes:
>        If the kit goes this direction (or has the potential to), then
>it needs to prompt for name, profession, hobbies, etc, maybe.  Of
>course, since so many Linuxers are students, it should make it clear
>that "student" is a legitimate profession, and that "homework" is a
>legitimate task! :-) Perhaps the output of the kit can be sent to
>schools as well as magazines?

Schools may actually be the most important "customers".  After all, they
are always short on money.  With Linux, they can have an up-do-date
platform with no worries about software pirating.

                           - Jim Van Zandt <[email-masked]>

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Dunbar)
Subject: Re: press kit
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1993 15:59:53 +0200

one point that needs to be made is that linux is not just low cost;
rather the free availability of all source code is linux's essential
feature. this makes it possible to adapt linux to specific industry
needs.
  the recent post of use in antartica was interesting.

     thomas ([email-masked])

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------