Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-10-1-20:56
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1993 05:54:20 +0200

Topics:
	 Press kit discussion needed

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Press kit discussion needed
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1993 22:39:59 +0200

I intend to put out a Press Kit which people can use to publicize
Linux 1.0 when it comes out.  My ideal is a kit which people get, run
a shell script with asks a lot of questions, and which then creates a
ready-to-mail press kit which they send to their favorite magazines.

My idea is that if the magazines get these informational kits in
quantity, they may pay attention.  Each will be different, but there
will be marks which distinguish them as coming from the same source.

I have volunteers (from long ago) to translate these into different
languages, but now I need ideas for what could be included.  Please
share ideas, and please, nobody shoot anyone else down for a crazy
idea, no matter how crazy it sounds to you.  If it makes you feel
better, I assure you now that I will be very careful about the quality
of the final product, but I think that getting as many different ideas
as possible now might make the final product better.

I intend for these kits to at least contain a letter, and optionally:
 * A version of the INFO-SHEET
 * A version of the distribution-HOWTO
 * Other things that are thought up here, and which I think up.

The shell script will determine what is included.  All that is needed
then is to sign, stuff, add postage, and mail.  Ideas, please!

michaelkjohnson

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------