Subject: Linux-Activists - KERNEL Channel digest. 93-9-18-5:55
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1993 10:59:57 +0200

Topics:
	 Linux Kernel Hackers' Guide

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Linux Kernel Hackers' Guide
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1993 02:49:58 +0200

The Linux Kernel Hackers' Guide (the KHG), one of the Linux
Documentation Project (the LDP) Books, is now officially in "BETA".
It is still very limited in scope, but hopefully is more useful to
people interested in the Linux kernel than the earlier releases.

It will be of use primarily to people trying to write device drivers
and to people trying to write extensions to the proc filesystem.  The
memory management stuff is a little out of date, but I am waiting to
work on that until the memory management is sorted out, as it appears
to be in a state of flux.

It is available as both tsx-11.mit.edu:/pub/linux/docs/LDP/khg* and
sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/docs/LDP/kernel-hackers-guide/*.   The
source is available in a tar file, and there are also PostScript and
DVI files available.  I am not yet providing ASCII, groff, or any
other type of output format, and I will not worry about providing any
of those formats until the KHG is reasonably stable, most likely.

michaelkjohnson

------------------------------

End of KERNEL Digest
********************
-------