Subject: Re: Linux Glossary
From: wirzeniu@kruuna (Lars Wirzenius)
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1993 18:17:29 EET

Piers Cawley <[email-masked]>:
> Is anybody out there working on a glossary of linux (and un*x) terms
> for newbies?

Not that I know of, which _should_ mean that no one is doing as an
"official" part of the doc project, but you never know.

I'm not certain if a global glossary has been suggested before (a
global index certainly has, and should IMHO note places where a word
is defined), but I do think it is a good idea.  My outline (slowly
being filled with text; just typesetting it with LaTeX and the book
style made it 50 pages long :-) has a glossary specifically for the
SysAdmin Guide.  Actually, I think it is a good idea to have both a
manual-specific glossary and a global one, similarly to the indexes.

> I'm prepared to put something together along these lines (or at
> least act as a co-ordinator).

You just got yourself a job.  :-)

--
[email-masked]  (finger [email-masked])
   MS-DOS, you can't live with it, you can live without it.