Subject: Re: PRO vs. Debian - good!
From: David Engel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1993 06:04:39 +0300

> Lars asks what Pro's position is with regard to the Debian project.
> 
> >The Debian distribution seems to be catching a momentum of
> >development.  At least there's much more discussion on their channel.
> >What's the position of Linux/Pro vs Debian?

I've been wanting to ask this also.  I like some of the things I'm
hearing from the Debian camp, open discussion, testing, etc.  My main
concern with it is that the two people currently spearheading it, Ian
and Daniel, are both fairly new to the Linux scene and I don't yet
trust them to do the right thing.

> However, this does NOT mean that PRO is going to be a secretive project;
> its *development* is going to be open, although less open than usually
> is the case in Linuxland.

Which leads nicely into my question.  Fred, how and when do you plan
to bring more people into the PRO camp?  I can think of several,
long-time, Linux contributors, whose opinions I value highly, that
would probably be willing to contribute.

David
-- 
David Engel                        Optical Data Systems, Inc.
[email-masked]                      1101 E. Arapaho Road
(214) 234-6400                     Richardson, TX  75081