Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-6-17-19:24
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1993 23:58:29 +0300

Topics:
	 The FAQ
	 [ANNOUNCE] More section 9 pages

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Zack Evans <[email-masked]>
Subject: The FAQ
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1993 02:45:54 +0300

> Linux FAQ. What will probably happen is this: the Linux FAQ will
> be mostly a list of (short) questions and answers to hit specific
> problems. (Instead of the current model, where the Linux FAQ serves
> to answer ALL questions about Linux.)

That sounds good - the faq does suffer from "code bloat" :)

> SLS FAQ, NET-2-FAQ, and so on. I will probably also write an Installation
> FAQ which covers what is currently in the FAQ section III in slightly
> more detail (however I hope to release the IS&GS within a few weeks).

 If I were you, I would base that on the MCC docs - they are much better
than most things I have seen IMHO. That is, of course, if Owen doesn't
mind...

> calling for volunteers to help... :)

I am willing to help but I won't be about as much over the next month or
so....depends how often I can be bothered to go the fifteen miles from
my parent's house to the nearest PAD to log in :) That's what I hate
about the summer holidays - no internet.

Zack

-- 
Zack Evans        [email-masked] or [email-masked] (Internet)
                  [email-masked]                         (JANET)

Watch yer bass bins lads, I'm tellin' yer...

------------------------------

From: Rik Faith <[email-masked]>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] More section 9 pages
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1993 16:16:21 +0300

Dan Miner ([email-masked]) sent the following:

file_table.9            get_empty_filp.9        put_file_last.9
file_table_init.9       grow_files.9            remove_file_free.9
filesystems.9           insert_file_free.9

Snapshot: ftp.cs.unc.edu:/pub/faith/linux/man.linux.16Jul93.tar.gz
Explosion: ftp.cs.unc.edu:/pub/faith/linux/man.linux

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------