Subject: Linux-Activists - KERNEL Channel digest. 93-5-22-1:24
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1993 12:47:14 +0300

Topics:
	 NR_FILE_LOCKS

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Chip Salzenberg)
Subject: NR_FILE_LOCKS
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1993 19:24:36 +0300

I recently reconfigured Smail 3.1 to use fcntl() record locking.  Then
I started getting delivery failures.  Apparently the problem was the
very small default value for NR_FILE_LOCKS: 32.  When I changed it to
256, all was okay.

I ask: Would it not be a Good Thing to increase the default value of
NR_FILE_LOCKS?  Memory used is small, and the harm caused by locking
failures can be great.
-- 
Chip Salzenberg, at home:         <[email-masked]> or <tscs!fin!chip>
Welcome to the monkey house.       or <[email-masked]>

------------------------------

End of KERNEL Digest
********************
-------