Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-5-7-17:57
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1993 21:59:18 +0300

Topics:
	 New NAG release RSN.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Olaf Kirch <[email-masked]>
Subject: New NAG release RSN.
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1993 18:16:16 +0300

Hi folks,

After doing some real work during the last month :-) I'll
be off for a week of relaxing etc. After that I'm planning
to do a little rewriting of the NAG, and do a new edition within
a week or two. I'd like to get it out about the same time
Fred publishes net-2, and release it to the public. 

Sadly, I didn't receive any diffs, corrections or the like when
putting up the NAG last month. Some two or three congratulated
me on the guide, some promised to comment on it, but that was
it... However, everyone seems to have read it :-)

The new edition will have the mail section reorganized, and a
trimmed news section (it's quite chaotic as it is now). If I find
the time, I will also extend the introductory section on TCP/IP
networking, although I hesitate to make it still bigger. If
you have any suggestions on what else should be changed, added
or extended, please mail me.

What's more, I now have a small&dumb tool ready that turns
my (sic!) TeX sources to texinfo. It needs a few special TeX
commands that will be ignored when translating to a dvi file,
but are recognized by my parser. It works reasonably well with
my files, but may need some tweaking for other documents that
use a different set of privately defined macros. To make
a long story short, the next edition of the NAG will most probably
have both an info version as well as a groff or ASCII version.
(There's something like texi2roff, isn't there?) If you're
interested in my tool (should I call it ixet? or ofni?), I could
probably upload it to ftp.stolaf.edu.

Cheers everybody,
Olaf

--
Olaf Kirch      [email-masked], [email-masked]

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------